• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My previous Sheriff, she designed a badge which SUCKED. Yesterday that was fixed by the new guy

In non-badge related girlyness, the new Secretary of Agriculture, the only Dem in the FL Governor's Cabinet (others are CFO and AG, both Rep and all elected positions) has decided to put new certification stickers on gas pumps (one of her duties is such certification). Instead of the seal of the department as has been the norm, she will be putting her PICTURE on the stickers with contact info. :rolleyes: The Governor has already said he will sign a proclamation forbidding such silliness... :D I haven't seen the new sticker on a pump yet but rest assured, I keep more than one Sharpie in my car! :D

Sec. of Ag. is also responsible for carry permits but she hasn't done anything foreboding to that program (yet). Florida has approximately 21 million people and I would guess about 16 million are 21 and over, 2 million of which have carry permits. That is about 1 in 8 people potentially carrying concealed here in FL.

I've used my personal study analysis of the Florida CCW license holders to the FBI crime rate to squash a lot of anti-ccw arguments. Florida has a easily accessible CCW holder database and the FBI statistics showed as the Florida CCW holders increased the actual violent crime went down.

Now you can't correlate that information to causation. BUT you can identify that the 1M increase in CCW holders the past 10 years hasn't caused an uptick in murders or violent crime.

Makes them so mad cause my data is completely verifiable.

Makes them so mad cause my data is completely verifiable.

This is just one of the data sheets I used for my presentation to the school board. There are many more at this LINK. I'm sure you have already visited but others may want to, as well. PS: this info is brought to you by the "Florida in the Sunshine" law (ie: open records and meetings).

PS: the existing seal as seen on pumps currently is still on this particular webpage.

UPDATE: see attached for existing seal and "new" stinker, I mean sticker...

Attachments

• Number_of_Licensees_By_Type.pdf
    104.4 KB · Views: 2
  • FDACS-Seal.png
    FDACS-Seal.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
  • stinker.JPG
    stinker.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back