• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

my retro sling choice

Since all my wood stocks get cut down to around a 12" LOP or so (I'm 5'7" so I want my weapon to fit me properly) I have had great success with sending my stock to Limbsaver and having them install a grind to fit pad while they shorten the stock

They have a 5/8" thick "low profile grind to fit" which I just love and it compliments the weapon beautifully, the low profile look really is perfect for me - I have a brown walnut Black Aces Smax (turkish semi-auto) that I am sending in soon but I recently had my wood stocked M500 and my Remington 870 wood stocks shortened and low profile grind-to-fits installed - with return shipping, was $150 apiece (pads alone are $45ish)

Since all my wood stocks get cut down to around a 12" LOP or so (I'm 5'7" so I want my weapon to fit me properly) I have had great success with sending my stock to Limbsaver and having them install a grind to fit pad while they shorten the stock

They have a 5/8" thick "low profile grind to fit" which I just love and it compliments the weapon beautifully, the low profile look really is perfect for me - I have a brown walnut Black Aces Smax (turkish semi-auto) that I am sending in soon but I recently had my wood stocked M500 and my Remington 870 wood stocks shortened and low profile grind-to-fits installed - with return shipping, was $150 apiece (pads alone are $45ish)
Send pics please!

Send pics please!

Crappy pics but here you go - The Black Aces isn't cut down/new pad yet - I just talked to Limbsaver, the gunsmith is away all month so I'll send it over to him in March when he gets back

M500 furniture is not 100% match but close enough to where I'll refinish them together someday, but the retro forends were getting impossible to find a few years back (and Mossberg doesn't sell the Retrograde furniture separate now) - same with the 870, the forend is a touch lighter so someday I'll likely get the forend refinished to match the stock

The Mossberg and Remington are both fitted with low profile grind to fits - the Remington stock is actually going back to Limbsaver to get another 3/4" chopped off the stock - the trigger placement is different on the Remington so it just changes where I rest my shooting hand but the stock itself is physically longer and it is actually noticeable as I am used to being closer and more 'choked up' on the Mossbergs since the stock is shorter in total length -

Attachments

• M500 Classic.PNG
    M500 Classic.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • Rem 870.PNG
    Rem 870.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • Smax.JPG
    Smax.JPG
    390.5 KB · Views: 7
Frankie, she came out real nice. Did similar to yours once I saw your set up. I used a replica (real leather) Springfield '03 sling, the sling front eye bolt from Mossberg and those swivel sling attachments I found on E-Bay.

Attachments

• IMG_E2330.JPG
    IMG_E2330.JPG
    342.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back