• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My "tactical" Mossberg

zoner

For yrs i've owned a Mossberg 500 12 ga that i bought yrs ago used at a pawn shop. I'd been looking at HD shotguns and got a little bored one so went to work on this thing. I bought a Hogue overmoded stock set with the short LOP(12") and tried to use it but the buttstock was so short, so i took an old checkered walnut buttstock,cut it and fitted a Hogue ez fit recoil pad to 13"LOP then primed and painted the buttstock flat black to match the overmolded Hogue forend. Disassembled the gun and took the metal to a place that does cerakote and had the metal done in "Battleship Grey"(my version of a Mariner)...reassembled the gun and added a Marbles tritium bead sight. I'll try to post a pic

when i click on "upload a file" the thread says it should open my "library of pics".....I get nothin. Is there a site based library of pics i need to upload pics to and if so how do i access it?

@zoner I had a glitch like that. After you click "upload a file" minimize the Mossberg Owners window and see if your " library of pics" window is there on your desktop.

thanks.....the other day I showed an old shootin buddy the Mossberg and told him i was refurbin pumps,field guns converting them to HD and he GAVE me a Ithaca M37 Featherweight. All that's wrong with it really is a broken firing pin.....Mike

Very nice effort and thanks for sticking with it until you could get the picture posted. That definitely has a one of a kind look with the color you used. I like it!

This gun is MikeD approved!!

I didn't think I would like it when you said what you were going to go I like the way it came out.

Killed many many, many a grouse with a similar gun. Nice.

The 20 ga single with the long barrel is my favorite shotgun, so easy to carry around. Makes me feel like a kid again. With a selection of loads and a couple choke tubes it'll do anything i need a shotgun to do

I am unable to see Zoner's pictures. All I get is a very little box with an "x" in it. Hate to be a pain, but I have no problem viewing any other pictures on the Mossberg Forum.

However, I see many of you commenting on his pics, so what I am doing wrong?

Yes - see them both fine. Thanks

Oops -- now I just went back to the earlier posts and I can see the same pics fully displayed.
Have no idea what is going on, as I had rebooted and everything and I still -- earlier -- couldn't see the pics. Oh well ...

Back