• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My wife is awesome

Thank you.

I've wanted a riot/trench style shotty for years. This was just the excuse I was looking for ;).

Hopefully by Friday, the major components should be here. The ribbed handguard is supposed to be here Wednesday and the metal heatshield and things are supposed to be here Thursday. The other small parts are to be determined.

Just some historical reference.

This is the last Winchester catalog that I ever got before they closed in Jan. 2006.

This is the 2004 catalog. I had my FFL's during that time, and I don't remember getting a catalog in 2005.

Anyway, I thought maybe some of you would like to see it.

winchester%202004%20catalog%20001_zpsmrzjoeqn.jpg

winchester%202004%20catalog%20002_zpsp8vfco0d.jpg

Still waiting on a bunch of parts. Brownells still hasn't shipped the bulk of everything yet and I'm still waiting on 2 things from other places too.

But I did get one of the big parts today. The ribbed forend. I'm still waiting on the 2-3/4 (youth) short action bar to pair with the forend, but I think the shorter action bar will allow me to cycle the action faster due to being closer to the receiver and with less extension of my arm while allowing me to keep a smaller profile at the same time.

By using the youth action bar will also give me 4 extra inches of room to mount the Elzetta light mount where I want it. If I had kept the long 6-1/4" action bar, the light would be mounted WAY forward of the handguard out onto the mag extension and may would interfere with the heat shield placement as well, so by tailoring a few pieces specific to this project, should have me exactly where I want to be with this gun.

Here's a peek of how (where) the youth handguard will be placed on the gun when I get the rest of the parts to finish it.

winchester 1300 sneak peek 004.JPG

Attachments

• winchester 1300 pair 001.JPG
    winchester 1300 pair 001.JPG
    585.3 KB · Views: 5
Thanks buddy.

The finish is a little different shade from the buttstock, but not enough to bug me. It's pretty close.

I was able to get everything done except the limbsaver. Brownells never shipped my order so I had to cancel that order and place it in other places, but for the most part of it, the gun is complete.

A quick breakdown.

I pulled the existing vent rib/winchoke barrel, handguard, and slide arm extension to replace it with standard barrel which I cut down and drilled/tapped it for a new bead and installed a youth model ribbed forend and 2-3/4" slide arm extension to decrease the overall reach to work the action and I like the old school wood furniture anyway.

I was going to install a steel ATI heatsheild, but again, Brownells screwed up my order so I reluctantly installed a zytel heatshield. I also had to modify the heatshield for the Elzetta light mount which basically consisted of cutting out a notch so the light mount could clamp directly onto the barrel as designed. Though wasn't a fault of the zytel handguard. I would've had to do that with either style/brand.

After everything forward or the receiver was replaced/changed, I must say that I love how it's set up now. I noticed that the light is pointed directly inline with the point of aim, and there is also just enough light reflecting off of my bead giving it the appearance of a very bright night sight when the light is on and that gives me an unmistakable and positive sight picture when looking down the barrel.

Here's the pics.

winchester 1300 002.JPG
winchester 1300 003.JPG

Outstanding job John. Looks great!

How many shells does it hold now?

8+1 with regular (2-3/4") shells and I should be able to get 9+1 with our homemade slugs, but I haven't ran any through it yet.

I actually have a few different guns that I need to sight in, zero, and check.

Thank you gentlemen. Means a lot coming from this crew. I know how high you all have that bar set.

I'm unsure what the stain is. I expect probably a dark walnut gloss or something along those lines.

While I understand that most "current" production guns have plastic stocks, there is just something about wood and blued steel.

LOL

I've seen some of your all's guns.

I'm humbled regularly.

Really nice find and awesome mods John!! Another for me to be jealous of!! 'Cept at least I could own that one up here...not like that damn fine sexy FAL ya'll been flauntin' about!!

Speaking of which...how is my favourite weapon of yours anyway?!? Have you been taking good care of it for me???

What??? A guy can dream can't he?o_O

Back