• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Need Everyone's Help on a Mystery Gun

Bballistick

Copper BB
Hey Everybody! I was the lucky recipient of some old black powder guns and some other items which were part of an estate that passed down to me. One of the items is an amazing looking gun, but I have no idea what it is? On the barrel of the gun, are the following words: "L. Hartmann in Hamburg" or "L. D. Hartmann in Hamburg". The engraving on the gun and scrollwork on the stock is amazing. One person said he thought it might be a Big Game Gun as it looks like a hammer gun of some type. I really don't know. It has two barrels that are interchangeable. One is 30" and the other is 34" long.

Here are some of the photos that I took tonight. Can anyone give me an idea what this gun may be? Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0748.JPG
    DSC_0748.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 364
  • DSC_0749.JPG
    DSC_0749.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 363
  • DSC_0750.JPG
    DSC_0750.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 363
Here are some more

Attachments

• DSC_0765.JPG
    DSC_0765.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 357
  • DSC_0759.JPG
    DSC_0759.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 357
  • DSC_0751.JPG
    DSC_0751.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 357
Is there anything stamped on the breech or the chamber?

I found this site , and they seem to have extensive knowledge of old double guns. And hartmann & weiss' name has shown up in posts there. I would recommend joining up there and posting the pix for them to sort out. they might have better info.

that's not to say i'm giving up. i just need more time. i'll get it...

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/postlist ... les&page=0

I have no idea what it is, but it is darn cool.

RipJack: Thanks for all of the info on this gun. It's really a beautiful piece. I'm definitely going to take you up on your suggestion and join that other forum too, to see what someone there might have to say. The scrollwork and carving on the barrels and stock is amazing.

Anytime..I'm here to help, not hinder...I do that to my wife. Lol

:shock: Never seen one but HOLY SMOKES thats amazing!!!

Awesome awesome awesome firearm!!! Thanks for sharin it here! :D

Back