• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Need help with a weird problem

PsycoMutt

Copper BB
I've had one of these Black Aces mag fed conversions for a Mossberg 500 setting in a box for years and recently decided to build a gun out of it.

Everything is good except I'm supposed to convert a Saiga mag to work in it, but this thing just spits all the rounds on the floor. The rounds also hang up in the feed ramp.

I've seen old forum posts with guys getting them to work, so any help would be awesome.

I would just buy one but I can't find any of those ugly "spade" magazines they used to sell. Anybody who has a lead on those would also be appreciated.

I got no info for you but Welcome Aboard! :)

Elaborate on "spits all the rounds on the floor". A pic or short vid may help...

In the interest of keeping all our members alive and well, I would recommend dummy rounds for any action troubleshooting... ;)

I don't know anything about Black Aces mag conversions, but maybe this guy does.

Lol, I should have specified that the rounds tend to just come out of the top of the magazine before it's even inserted into the gun.

Aha! then that sounds like a mag problem...
but as basic as this may sound, forgive me... Are you SURE you have the proper ammuntion? A lot of rifle ammo looks like its brother, but it isn't.

I'm running blind here at this point, so forgive me.
Keep us updated for sure.

It's a 12 gauge shotgun so I hope I have the right ammo, lol. I think the feed lips are just too far apart.

DOH!

When I read "rounds tend to just come out of the top of the magazine before it's even inserted into the gun" I flashed back to my experience with that happening in rifles.

I think you are on the right track w/ "feed lips are just too far apart."

Try bending them.

If that doesn't work, buy a new mag.

Back