• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Need recommendations for a Fronntsight 4 day SG class

Howdy all,

I got Mossberg 500s and 835s for deer & turkey, etc., but now the Beautiful Bride and I have decided to try doing Frontsight's 4 day Tactical Shotgun class we also bought the 930 SPX. But being a newbe to the Semiautomatic SG, I need advice, recommendations and such. And if anyone out there has taken the class before, any hindsight to the 2 &/or 4 day SG would also be a huge blessing.

What I have done so far in prepping is get a few of Browncoat's 8 rd Velcro shell holders, Mesa Tactical SG Barrel/mag clamp w/rail and detachable sling mount. What I am considering is getting some OR3GUN products (but I cannot get in touch with them for advice) to help with reliability in "as low as possible" low recoil ammo since we will be blowing off 500-600 rds in the 4 days from what I hear. SO any suggestions & reasoning to why behind those suggestions would be helpful.

Thanlks & Blessings MW.

I use the Enhanced Field Combo, with the forearm retainer, but the Security Combo has the essentials. I like the Field Combo because the ASR (Adjustable Spring Retainer) in that version is easier to adjust, with a push-and-twist, versus lining up the holes on the Security.

You'll probably get a few recommendations, but having grown up in the Four Corners, I have a fondness for dry-lube products. In your shoes, I would degrease everything, use dry-lube on the mainspring tube, magazine tube and action. If they don't have you rolling in the dirt, I'd use mid-weight grease/moly-grease on the rails & bolt. I don't know how roly-poly FrontSight is.

I do like this product:
http://www.hfd2.com/defender

I haven't had a chance to run more than 50 rounds, using it, but the last two rounds do seem to load a touch more smoothly.

If you want two, use this page:
http://www.hfd2.com/hfd2-ksg-followers

Save a couple of $$.

Thanks Rob, I appreciate that. I ordered the follower, tube and Field combo and retainer plunger with the ASR from OR3GUN. I just got my lifters back from C Rums that were welded too so I plan to put 'er together here this week and go to the ranch and try to blast away at some rapid ground gophers to see what low recoil loads work well, at least for the training. Then back up to full loads for home defense. I saw a video on some frangible slugs that were quite impressive so I may use them... LOL if I can remember where I saw the video and which ones they were.

Back