• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 1250yd Range Open in Chapel Hill, TN

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Not much info up on the site yet, but it looks very promising...

Strategic Edge Inc.: Gun Range

- 500 member limit
- $150/year membership fee with discounts for additional family members
- $50 application fee
- Must pass a background check before membership approval
- Members issued an ID card and gate code

Looks like there will be a pistol range with steel targets and a few barricades, a 25yd rifle sight-in station, and covered rifle stations set up with berms at 100, 300, and 500yd. The 1000yd range will be open to all members, but one must set an appointment with the range master for "observation" on your first visit. They want to make sure you know what you're doing before they let you loose sending lead 1000yd down range. Looks like this is the real deal and I really like the way they're going about it. This is a MUCH needed addition to the area, since my current local range only stretches to 200yd and the next closest 1000yd range is the Rock Castle Shooting Center in Park City, KY...

Drove out this morning and met with the owner and a few range officers. Put in my paperwork and did the required safety walkthrough. It's a nice looking facility and the people seem really down to earth. The membership board meets to review applications on Mondays, so hopefully I'll be in business by next weekend. Here are a couple pics I took while I was out there...

This is one of two pistol bays that offer distances from 5yd to 50yd. There are wooden target stands to put up paper targets as well as reactive steel targets. They even have moveable walls and a shoot-through barricade for more dynamic shooting exercises...

Here are the 100yd and 300yd rifle berms...

Same deal here, set up for both paper and reactive steel targets. The 500yd berm will be built next. It'll be positioned with line of sight being between the two berms in the photo and set beyond the distant tree line. The 1000yd berm is already up and running, but is not visible in the photo. There is an elevated platform about a hundred yards off to the right of the 300yd berm pictured. The narrow road takes you down to the targets. Man I can't wait to get out there and start pinging some steel... :p

Went out this morning and popped some steel on the pistol range. The 500yd rifle berm is now up and running...

Gonna head back out in the morning with a couple rifles. Pics to follow... :D

,,,,,some people have ALL the fun. :D
any idea what your gonna throw down 500yds?

I'm takin the Mk 12 and the .223 Remy 700 SPS Tact. tomorrow.

Not expecting anything spectacular past 300yd, but I should be able to ring some steel @ 500yd if the wind cooperates... :D

Just posted the day's results in the range report thread...

RANGE REPORT: Long Guns

Took some more pics of the facility today too. Here's a shot of the rifle deck...

Pistol bays are on the other side the berm in the photo above and grass is growing on the leveled area at my feet for use as the prone shooting deck. The benches are all brand new and super sturdy...

We're gonna build a few more of them to put on the pistol bays this coming Saturday for anyone needing/wanting to shoot seated. Oh, and I was able to snap a pic of the 1000yd range today before I left. The platform I'm standing on is about six feet off the ground...

Man I love this place... :D

,,,,park in the back,,,,they won't even see ya. :lol:

Attachments

• camper.jpg
    camper.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 842
Nice!

That reminds me, there is a deuce and a half parked out front. Covered shelter, up off the ground, and it's nice & roomy. Thanks for the idea mossy...

^^^ your too much,,, :lol: :lol:

i can hear you now,,,,honey pack your bags,we're moving to Chapel Hill. :)

I'm working on getting the range owner to add a dedicated shogun pit to the facility.

The state run range right down the road from me allows shotguns, but restricts ammo to slugs only. Not a single range in my area offers a place to pattern shot at various distances. This could be a huge draw for them considering the number of folks with shotguns collecting dust for lack of a place to shoot them. Also suggested a hanging gong at the 100yd berm... :D

Hickok45 lives just on the other side of town and folks around here are well aware of him and his array of shoot'n skills... ;)

Just found out there is a 200 yd range near here and they are putting in a 500 yd range as well. Wonder if Rossignol knows about it. Been there for a while but no one knew it was there. Don't have an address yet but should in a week or so...

Took my wife out to the range today. She's pretty good with my 9mm, loves the black gun and shot the 930 from her hip. Need to find a small, easy on the shoulder 20 ga and another black gun...oh, yeah, and another j-o-b to pay for and feed them... :lol:

Back