• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 4x4 270win with scope

Gary

Copper BB
Good news. I have won my second Mossberg in two years. Last year a model 500 20 ga slugster and this year a new 4x4 270 with scope. Which I will be be picking it up in a few days. Not sure if it is synthetic or walnut. I guess it doesn't matter because the ticket only cost $30.00. Hoping rifle opens soon in my part of NY state. It has always been shotgun only in our area. The surrounding counties are currently all approved for rifle. I have been told the paper work is in the capital to get us approved. Also, I have a couple of questions. Is the scope on the new Mossberg 4x4 of a high quality or will I have to upgrade the optics. Also I am concerned about the accuracy of the gun. If anyone out there can give me any input it would be appreciated.

Since no one has given any first hand experience, I'll say that the scope is very likely much the same as any scope on a rifle+scope combo. That is, it will likely function ok and will probably hold zero pretty well. I doubt the adjustments will be spot on perfect (one click being exactly 1/4" or moa at 100yds) and it will probably take a few clicks to start actually moving the impact (instead of being able to turn the knob one click and it moves the point of impact that distance). The glass probably isn't great, but if you're used to cheapish scopes or decent scopes from 40 years ago, it will probably seem pretty good.

Thanks for the input Richard. I pick up the rifle this Sat. I will grab a box of shells and see what transpires.

Back