• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

new 4x4 barrel length

scandmx5

Copper BB
Hey guys. When the 4x4 first came out, I bought one. I thought it was gorgeous, and when I dropped a doe with a headshot at 100 yards, I loved it even more. At the time I could only find one in .30-06 or .270, so I got the .30-06. However my favorite caliber is 7mm Rem Mag, and am used to 26" barrels on those. I know the new 4x4 has a muzzlebrake and wanted to know if it is 24" WITH muzzlebrake, or 24" before you add in the muzzlebrake length. I plan on ordering one in 7mm Rem Mag this week. Thanks

I feel the exact same way about my Mossberg 4x4 bolt action in .30-06! The barrels are 24" with the muzzle brake installed and approximately 22" without it. You are going to love the updates to the new Mossberg 4x4 bolt action.

I was hoping it was 26" with the muzzle brake. 22" in 7mm Rem Mag seems like it's too short. What about the accuracy with the muzzle brake?

With the muzzle brake the accuracy is excellent and I have not noticed a difference when shooting with it off. It does a great job on reducing felt recoil though.

It does a heck of a job for reducing the recoil. it also has a great pad on the butt that helps alot too. soft and springy. i have one in .270 and has very little kick at all. havnt shot it with the muzzle break off of it though. the accuracy is great. got mine sighted in yesterday. only had a box of 20 bullets in winchester super x 130 gr. and got it shooting a 2 inch group at 100yrds. im sure i can get it smaller than that but i ran out of bullets. oh and i got the jamming thing solved. i just wasnt seating the bullets in the mag properly.

Back