• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 535 Owner

Hello folks,

Just received my first Mossberg a 535. Kindly sourced by my father, it will live in Wales near why he wildfowls.

Plain black with a 28" multichoke barrel, looks good, hardly shot and seems to fit. Also was impressed by how smooth the action was, not rough at all as some would have you believe by reputation.

Questions.

Only has one choke, who makes replacement chokes? (Anything particularly good for 3.5" steel for Canada Geese)?

Is it worth replacing the safety with a metal one?

Is it work replacing the trigger guard with a metal one?

ATB,

Scrummy

Hello folks,

Just received my first Mossberg a 535. Kindly sourced by my father, it will live in Wales near why he wildfowls.

Plain black with a 28" multichoke barrel, looks good, hardly shot and seems to fit. Also was impressed by how smooth the action was, not rough at all as some would have you believe by reputation.

Questions.

Only has one choke, who makes replacement chokes? (Anything particularly good for 3.5" steel for Canada Geese)?

Is it worth replacing the safety with a metal one?

Is it work replacing the trigger guard with a metal one?

ATB,

Scrummy

Congrats on your acquisition, I`m not familiar with the 535 so I had to refer to Mossberg https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/535-ats/ ,

The safety and trigger guard? Personally if it aint broke, don`t fix it....

Chokes https://www.mossberg.com/store/parts/model/535.html

I don`t hunt so I can`t give an opinion on a load for Geese.

Good luck and enjoy!

If you’re looking for goose specific, I would use 3 1/2 inch Heavishot or Blackcloud steel shot shells.

Chokes: I would recommend a modified or improved choke when hunting geese or duck, all of which can be found via Mossberg.com or Amazon.

Mossberg has made some of the most comfortable shooting shotguns I have ever used, so enjoy the hunt.

The safety is fine as is. However I do replace my safeties with an aftermarket metal safety not because of the material but I like the purchase and functionality of the switch vs the factory switch. F1D72380-64DA-4188-ADB4-356395704998.jpeg

Back