• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

new 535

whitepony1986

Copper BB
Last week i bought a 535 now before this i owned a remington 870 wingmaster 12 guage> the 535 is also a 12 guage...a friend down on his luck had to sell his 870 i sold him mine and went looking for another 870. ended up at walmart. No one had 870s so on a whim and knowing mossbergs were decnet i bought a 535. It functions flawlessly im impressed with it and like it allot except on problem which i hope will be addressed. All i have fired out of it so far is 2' 3/4 inch #7.5 shot and i can say it kicks like a mule worse then any remington i have shot. I need away to tame this down a bit i shoot trap and hunt squirrel rabbit and deer with a shotgun. Another thing i was going to ask is if i have to use 3.5 inch slugs in it as i would rather use a 3 inch slugs. Any info would be appreciated.

Welcome and congrats!

You could try a Limbsaver recoil pad. They claim a 70% reduction in recoil, but I think they're being modest. As far as the slugs go you should be fine shooting any variety of 2-3/4", 3", or 3-1/2" loads. We'd love to see some pics of your new 535 when you get a chance...

i will try the limb saver and thanx for the info im at my g/f's house for a few days but i have a picture of the three guns i bought that. day top is a red ryder bb gun (i have always wanted one :p ) middle is a rossi m68 .38 spl and bottom is the 535 http://imgur.com/wLu9Hkg

Back