• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 590S

See post #35 above. The original question was regarding converting 590 to 590S referencing parts needed and availability.

To your other comments, short shells are aimed at capacity, 2 3/4" shells can be/have the same recoil as the short ones as shell length has nothing to do with recoil but everything to do with mass and velocity, you can buy low recoil 2 3/4" shells.
The rubber parts in question are not really working against metal at all, they have the same interaction points.
The only thing wrong with mini shells is the availability.
As far as rubber bits floating around, I have never had that happen in thousands of rounds run, the only bits floating around I have seen are in my eyes.
The other (3rd) product is also a rubber compound piece and can be made to fail if pushed in a particular way with bolt open, on another post the seller of the third item notes that they never had the Mossberg 590S arrestor come out of the dovetail in use (I think it states "in the 100rds fired").
Not true. The seller of the third item had a 590S arrestor fall out during comparison shooting, that was the whole reason to look at the attachment mechanisms and do the comparison video you didn't like. You've made it clear you don't believe in doing comparisons that show a competitor in a bad light, even if deserved, so I'm sure you didn't bother to watch it. But here you go in case you can open your mind a bit:

" I will note that we have never had this pop out while shooting, but we have only ran ~100 shells thru our brand new 590S "

(Taken from this forum under 590S Arrestor Discussion)

The above (green) is your quote, after you referenced that it came out as part of clearing a malfunction where the short shell got lodged on top of the arrestor, who knows what was done to clear it. It's easy to cherry pick video's that are friendly/informercial to your cause, there are many video's on line that should not be.
In the first video X .vs. X. vs. X I referenced, you can clearly see that the Mossberg factory arrestor starts off out of position (not in the dovetail) and pointing up, so must have been staged for the purpose of the video, as was the intentional rear push in when bolt was open of the OPSol.

To not go down the same rabbit hole about video's I did not mention them in the reply I made to another forum member, your product is a different product from the others, the OPSol is a short shell adapter, period. The 590S is a shotgun and firearm revamped to run multi shell lengths and I'm sure they will fix any short comings in the design.
Your product is a multi shell length adapter to fit in a Mossberg shotgun and firearm, three different products.

The OPSol is not even intended to do the same function as your adapter and if an OPSol 3.0 comes out with wing tabs that fit in the receiver grooves it will not push out, I believe the ability for it to be removed with fingers was intentional as it does not permit the use of 2 3/4" shells, again showing that it's a different product and as noted before my 2.0 version is difficult to remove and thousands of rounds shot has never come out.

The Mossberg and OPSol are Made In America, I purchased your product as I posted before, I was disappointed when it arrived because it's made in China (I gave it away) and would not have purchased it had I known that, I try to support American business and more so in these times.

Attachments

• IMG_0569 (2).JPG
    IMG_0569 (2).JPG
    186 KB · Views: 2
In the first video X .vs. X. vs. X I referenced, you can clearly see that the Mossberg factory arrestor starts off out of position (not in the dovetail) and pointing up, so must have been staged for the purpose of the video, as was the intentional rear push in when bolt was open of the OPSol.
We respect your opinion as to how you feel about the video, but we cannot let people say untrue things about our character. Anyone who knows anything about the 590S or has handled/worked on one can see that the arrestor is in its proper position and attached to the dovetail. If it wasn't, then it would have fallen out when the action was opened and turned upside down, as you can see in this screenshot. I'll also include a picture of a 590S I found online so you can see its turned the correct way. Nothing was staged, we have two of these 590S models and the arrestors on both are too easy to push out.

To address the second point, yes the Opsol was intentionally bumped with the action back, we have never said it wasn't. The point is to show that it CAN be dislodged with very little effort or movement. You may have never had issues, but if you read around you'll see plenty of folks talking about how it can work itself out over time, drags on the action, etc.

As I said, we respect your opinion on how you feel about the video and our company, but we cannot let these false accusations that impugn the ethics of our company go uncorrected.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

This could go back and forth but I've said my opinion with no false accusations, others can look at the video's (unless you edit or remove) and make their own opinions, if you read all I have posted on this thread instead of focusing on a few words you would see I tried to indicate you may be better served letting your product stand for itself it does not have the same function as the others so there for should be able to stand on it's own merits. I own a commercial shooting range and a few who shoot here have the 590S, I'm familiar with them. With carful review your last post said a lot. (don't edit now)

You note above "easy to push out" you also stated " I will note that we have never had this pop out while shooting, but we have only ran ~100 shells thru our brand new 590S ", SO WAS IT STAGED LIKE THE OPSol, Look at the video at 11 seconds (pay attention from 10sec).
I can drain the oil from my car and say how easy it is for my Ford to have an engine failure.
I can pull pictures also, this does not look the same as in the video.
I will not make another purchase or recommend your made in China part. (there was no red used in the making of this reply ;))

1678735912549.png

Last edited:
I address this statement to the original poster, forum members and admin, I apologize for contributing to the thread derailment, I will no longer post to the thread as it serves no purpose to go round in circles.

I didn't watch the videos, so I can't comment on them.

But here's what I know:
1. I used the OpSol adapter for quite a while. It performed perfectly...never loosened or fell out.
2. I wanted to use differing shell lengths interchangeably - which wasn't possible with the OpSol.
3. I thought about buying the 590S, but didn't want to lose $$$ in the process.
4. I saw the Defender Tactical adapter and I thought I'd give it a try. So far it's worked flawlessly.
5. I wish the DT adapter was made in the US...but I could say the same about my cell phone, TV, microwave, etc.

For me, the bottom line is the DT adapter works - without fail - in doing what it is advertised to do. I have nothing against OpSol. Their product works equally as well with minishells, but it doesn't give me the option of mixing shell lengths. The DT adapter does. And if I need it to work in a dire emergency, I don't care if it's manufactured on the dark side of the moon...as long as it works.

For full disclosure: I am not affiliated with DT in any way. I'm just a satisfied customer.

I didn't watch the videos, so I can't comment on them.

But here's what I know:
1. I used the OpSol adapter for quite a while. It performed perfectly...never loosened or fell out.
2. I wanted to use differing shell lengths interchangeably - which wasn't possible with the OpSol.
3. I thought about buying the 590S, but didn't want to lose $$$ in the process.
4. I saw the Defender Tactical adapter and I thought I'd give it a try. So far it's worked flawlessly.
5. I wish the DT adapter was made in the US...but I could say the same about my cell phone, TV, microwave, etc.

For me, the bottom line is the DT adapter works - without fail - in doing what it is advertised to do. I have nothing against OpSol. Their product works equally as well with minishells, but it doesn't give me the option of mixing shell lengths. The DT adapter does. And if I need it to work in a dire emergency, I don't care if it's manufactured on the dark side of the moon...as long as it works.

For full disclosure: I am not affiliated with DT in any way. I'm just a satisfied customer.
Thanks for trusting us with your business. To be honest we thought we'd make everything in the US too, but by that time we started in Jan 2022, the American work ethic had already been destroyed. Most suppliers wouldn't even return our calls. So now we have adopted the Apple model: our products are designed and developed in Texas, then our manufacturing is sourced globally to whoever has the highest quality, and we don't worry anymore where it's made.

Reactions: ZED
Back