• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 835 Ulti Mag Owner

Bobert

.22LR
I just traded an old British .303 that I had no use for on a used 835 Ulti Mag. I found this forum and looked like you guys could use some more members so here I am.

Any other issues that I should be aware of other than apparently the safe re-setting when using 00 shot? Anything i should make sure I do in order to keep it in good shape?

Thanks!

Howdy, and welcome to the club! Umm...the safety issue that NASA had hopefully is just a one time flaw. I do know my safety works great, and i bought it used too. However, if you do find anything you need help with on it, just ask. I know we can help you out. I hope you enjoy your 835 as much as I do. I look forward to seeing some pix of that bad boy, when you have time of course. Thanx for joining up.

Cheers!

The safety issue was mine from having to replace missing parts from a previous owner. I love it. I suppose that you might have seen pictures of my Blackhawk 835 Ulti-Mag. Some folks prefer wood stocks. I prefer the recoil reducing feature of my Knoxx stock. Only drawback is the 10 gauge over bored barrel prevents firing slugs. There are plenty of replacement or extra barrels available. Walmart has one of the better prices on replacement barrels and barrel scope combos. You can order on line and it's free shipping to the nearest Walmart.

From the rust and deep scratches that were on mine when I traded, I know it was abused and it came from a guy that comes to work on Monday with a huge scabbed up right shoulder on one side and a badly bruised left on the other. He said that he doubted that it had fired much more that 2 cases of shells, maybe 3 at the most.

To fix the safety was certainly no big deal. If you don't have any experience on breaking it down, just go on the web to YouTube and you can find plenty of videos on working on a 500. Same thing except for a few minor differences like the distance between the pin for the trigger assembly and the ejector screw and the length of the slide on the fore-end.

The #00 that was giving my problems, is no longer a problem and those loads were 18 pellets, twice the weight of a standard #00 nine pellet. Not as much muzzle velocity but a heavier load none the less.

Unless you are a glutton for punishment, I don't advise you run out and buy a bunch of 3-1/2 magnum rounds.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Be sure to post up some pictures of your Mossberg 835 ulti-mag when you get a chance.

Thanks Guys, i'll get some pics up soon for you.

Nasa I did see the pics and I like that stock a lot, I think i'll be looking into one.

It has a wood pump and stock right now, how loose should the slide feel when just wobbling it back and forth?

nice and loose...when i twist it to the right, it touches the barrel and i have about a 1/4" space on the left.

Thanks Ripjack. Thats good news, sounds exactly like mine. I finally got out and shot it today and have absolutley no complaints. I think I am going to look into that SPEC-OPS Stock next.

I love my spec op stock! I have absolutely no problems with it at all.

heh heh heh...i was waiting to see when you would do that....... ;)

Back