• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New AGAIN!

What's up guys im back....:omg:

Been a long time since I've been here, probably about 5 or so years, between working and moving and life....oh and I have acquired a lot more pew pews in the process to share and gained alot of knowledge especially on AR building....lol.

And to think it all started with the Mossberg 590 FLEX.

I'll be lurking around and getting back into the swing of things.

Missed seeing you around. Glad to see your post.

What kinda fun stuff you been into?

Missed seeing you around. Glad to see your post.

What kinda fun stuff you been into?
Hey John, kinda fell off the radar on this forum once I moved to Austin about 6yrs ago, then I came across the site again on a Google search for AR stuff and jogged my memory to get back here.

I have pretty much been into ARs alot lately and been building like them like an obsession. I can't seem to get enough. I may need to join a group .

I've built about 7 ARs in pistol and rifle platforms and currently building 4 more simultaneously, oh and im about to dive into a AR10 build in a few weeks. Will be my 1st 308 AR.
Then I plan to tackle a 9mm AR build then try my hand at an AK....so I'm booked. Lol.

Enough about me what's been going on with you. Glad to see alot of the same names still around.

Hey John, kinda fell off the radar on this forum once I moved to Austin about 6yrs ago, then I came across the site again on a Google search for AR stuff and jogged my memory to get back here.

I have pretty much been into ARs alot lately and been building like them like an obsession. I can't seem to get enough. I may need to join a group .

I've built about 7 ARs in pistol and rifle platforms and currently building 4 more simultaneously, oh and im about to dive into a AR10 build in a few weeks. Will be my 1st 308 AR.
Then I plan to tackle a 9mm AR build then try my hand at an AK....so I'm booked. Lol.

Enough about me what's been going on with you. Glad to see alot of the same names still around.

Your not one of these guys are you. Lol
104C9640-F314-4A34-A8D0-43B7FC5DAF6B.jpeg

That's neat about all the AR's.

I recently did a 10mm AR carbine because I can't find a 357 lever action, so the 10mm AR is essentially the modern day equivalent. That's the last one I've done in a while.

Actually, that's the first AR I've done in a while. I'm been designing and making suppressors mostly. Doing a little hunting.

AK's are tough. Unless you have a milling table, I suggest starting with a virgin trunions and receiver/jig. Otherwise, it's going to be really hard to realign the rivet holes in the trunion with a new receiver. Just a hint. Not all AK's align up the same.

Actually, not even all AK's align up with the one before or the one right after it either. So, I suggest virgin trunions at bare minimum.

About a year and a half ago, I was able to make my holy grail gun. An integrally suppressed Delisle commando carbine. That was a tough one. Took the better part of 2 whole months. But, it turned out really great, even if I do have to say so myself.

I also have a very unique integrally suppressed AR9 I made a long time ago. That's one of the all time favorite designs I've done too.

Noveske build. Very nice!!! $$$$$$
While yes it was the more expensive then most I have previously build, it took me about 3 years to build as I waited for sales to get what I needed and i also had to wait for availability as Noveske is usually out of stock all the time. Just have to be persistent and jump at times when its available to get a part. But I love it. Everything is Noveske except the trigger, red dot, grip and a few LPK parts that I prefer over their magpul stuff.

While yes it was the more expensive then most I have previously build, it took me about 3 years to build as I waited for sales to get what I needed and i also had to wait for availability as Noveske is usually out of stock all the time. Just have to be persistent and jump at times when its available to get a part. But I love it. Everything is Noveske except the trigger, red dot, grip and a few LPK parts that I prefer over their magpul stuff.

I’ve gotten away from rifle caliber stuff. Just isn’t “Fun” especially in FA. Don’t get me wrong. A mag dump rifle caliber is fun once and a while but nothing. Absolutely nothing beats this! Yes it’s an approved form 4!

https://youtube.com/shorts/1bUHF3zGx_4?feature=share

That's neat about all the AR's.

I recently did a 10mm AR carbine because I can't find a 357 lever action, so the 10mm AR is essentially the modern day equivalent. That's the last one I've done in a while.

Actually, that's the first AR I've done in a while. I'm been designing and making suppressors mostly. Doing a little hunting.

AK's are tough. Unless you have a milling table, I suggest starting with a virgin trunions and receiver/jig. Otherwise, it's going to be really hard to realign the rivet holes in the trunion with a new receiver. Just a hint. Not all AK's align up the same.

Actually, not even all AK's align up with the one before or the one right after it either. So, I suggest virgin trunions at bare minimum.

About a year and a half ago, I was able to make my holy grail gun. An integrally suppressed Delisle commando carbine. That was a tough one. Took the better part of 2 whole months. But, it turned out really great, even if I do have to say so myself.

I also have a very unique integrally suppressed AR9 I made a long time ago. That's one of the all time favorite designs I've done too.
I remember that u have some great stuff.

Thanks for the AK tip....not sure what direction I want to start off with on the AK platform that's why I haven't yet and I have little exposure with them so it will be baby steps for me on the AK build.

ARs on the other hand I can do those blindfolded.
I like to build my own name brand stuff with parts I know are better than milspec. So while the receiver set may be brand specific the rest of the parts are hand picked for their quality and based on my experiences with them. So i guess it would be a custom name brand better then mils-spec. Lol

Last edited:
I’ve gotten away from rifle caliber stuff. Just isn’t “Fun” especially in FA. Don’t get me wrong. A mag dump rifle caliber is fun once and a while but nothing. Absolutely nothing beats this! Yes it’s an approved form 4!

https://youtube.com/shorts/1bUHF3zGx_4?feature=share
Banshee is the shit, I fired a buddies a few months ago and now I want one, thats why I'm starting a 9mm AR build as at some point but I will probably just buy a CMMG stripped set to build off of and go from there.
And yes I agree they are fun...I've also been playing around with a 7.62 x 39 upper build recently and started to make that move. I just ordered a stripped lower last week to start that build off...but I'm taking that's one slow until I finish the 3 I'm doing now.

Banshee is the shit, I fired a buddies a few months ago and now I want one, thats why I'm starting a 9mm AR build as at some point but I will probably just buy a CMMG as stripped set to build off of and go from there.
And yes I agree they are fun...I've also been playing around with a 7.62 x 39 upper build recently and started to than that move. I just ordered a stripped lower last week to start that build off...but I'm taking that's one slow until I finish the 3 I'm doing now.

Your addicted!! Lmao.
upload_2022-5-24_20-52-57.gif

@stigmata
I think you disappeared about the same time I started here. A good number have come and gone since.

You could send me one of them cute little burp guns in California if you’ve got an extra one.

Just put it in a box marked “Covid Stool Samples: CAUTION!” and send it to Caddmedical Research Lab and Bicycle Repair.

I’ll send you back some of these Dog-E coins & a case of depleted uranium 50s I picked up out outside of area 51.

:rolleye:

But I love it. Everything is Noveske except the trigger, red dot, grip and a few LPK parts that I prefer over their magpul stuff.

So the jar of caviar and magnum of Moet are just out of frame? :D Trying not to flex too much? ;) NICE gun and gun-to-be (Geissele)! :) Have you done any 80% stuff? I've done a few P80 "glockish" pistols in the past 6 months. Out-of-spec aftermarket parts require a little troubleshooting and 'smithing. I'll have to update my initial build post... I MIGHT have some America's Rifle 80%-ers...

BTW, Welcome Back! :)

@stigmata
I think you disappeared about the same time I started here. A good number have come and gone since.

You could send me one of them cute little burp guns in California if you’ve got an extra one.

Just put it in a box marked “Covid Stool Samples: CAUTION!” and send it to Caddmedical Research Lab and Bicycle Repair.

I’ll send you back some of these Dog-E coins & a case of depleted uranium 50s I picked up out outside of area 51.

:rolleye:
Hey brother I rember your name around here back then and still. I kinda disappeared for a bit back then.
As many as I have believe it or not I don't have any extras...lol. I wouldn't mind seeing Area51 stuff though. Lol.

Back