• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New AGAIN!

So the jar of caviar and magnum of Moet are just out of frame? :D Trying not to flex too much? ;) NICE gun and gun-to-be (Geissele)! :) Have you done any 80% stuff? I've done a few P80 "glockish" pistols in the past 6 months. Out-of-spec aftermarket parts require a little troubleshooting and 'smithing. I'll have to update my initial build post... I MIGHT have some America's Rifle 80%-ers...

BTW, Welcome Back! :)
Thanks Bobster. I'll try to take better shots moving forward....lol.
No I have not done any 80% anything yet. Im too anal and it had to be perfectly done, oh and im also impatient...so not the best combination.
I prefer to get stripped lowers and build from there. I'd like to think I can build it cheaper but most times its about the same except I have what I want on it and better than milspec stuff from what they would use.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome back AGAIN guys.
Aways messing around with some guns since the day I disappeared for a while and brought back more to share at some point. :sniper:
Glad to be back.

Thanks Bobster. I'll try to take better shots moving forward....lol.
No I have not done any 80% anything yet. Im too anal and it had to be perfectly done, oh and im also impatient...so not the best combination.
I prefer to get stripped lowers and build from there. I'd like to think I can build it cheaper but most times its about the same except I have what I want on it and better than milspec stuff from what they would use.

No hand made stuff?

That's where the fun is at. You can't claim to "build" your own until you make your own lightsaber. It's the only way to become a jedi.

You can either be a good jedi, or a lousy one that is the first one in the movie to die.

But, whichever you end up being, is all on you.

As I mentioned, I haven't assembled an AR in a while. But, I have been designing and making my own suppressors. I have been more enjoying making integrally suppressed guns.

Here's one that I'm most proud of. It's true to the original. With as much pain as it was to do it. It may not look it, but that's the better part of 2 months work.

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-holy-grail-gun.19999/

No hand made stuff?

That's where the fun is at. You can't claim to "build" your own until you make your own lightsaber. It's the only way to become a jedi.

You can either be a good jedi, or a lousy one that is the first one in the movie to die.

But, whichever you end up being, is all on you.

As I mentioned, I haven't assembled an AR in a while. But, I have been designing and making my own suppressors. I have been more enjoying making integrally suppressed guns.

Here's one that I'm most proud of. It's true to the original. With as much pain as it was to do it. It may not look it, but that's the better part of 2 months work.

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-holy-grail-gun.19999/

Dude thats some nice work there.

While I do like to tackle things I have no experience with and prove I can do it, I don't really have any machinist skills under my belt to even think about starting one from scratch.

This jedi is still at the patawon stage. Lol.
No Yoda to learn from....unless your offering to take me under your Schwartz and show me the path.

My builds are made up as I go from patrs I find that are a little different then the ordinary. I don't like to be the same as the next AR so I have to mod it a bit to stand out.

Here is in example mock up of one im doing now.....while it may be out there its not one just like this...or maybe there is, but I haven't found it yet. :giggle:

20210831_235422.jpg

I understand exactly what you mean about not wanting to have a gun like anyone elses'. I'm the same way.

Here's a 9mm integral that I made a LONG time ago

And here's an integrally suppressed 45acp that I did year before last I think?

What most people don't understand when you see either of those, is the handguards are the registered tubes of the suppressors. :idk:

A lot of people tend to just tuck a suppressor underneath of the handguard and just screw it onto the barrel.

Not me.

I've been making the whole handguard the silencer for a while now and a few different times.

This AR9 below, is actually more quiet than a factory MP5SD. I have shot it side by side one that a deputy had and mine got the nod between them.

fIUhW3T.jpg

The 45 integral below:
gey4kq0.jpg

Many people think suppressors are some hard mystical thing, but here's one that I made using nothing more than an AR15 pistol buffer tube that I made into a registered silencer. :laugh:

Stuff like that just catches my attention. I've been fooling with designing and making my own suppressors for the better part of 2 decades now. I enjoy the challenge. Especially when using something that everyone has and no one ever thinks about using as a silencer. It's not exactly rocket science.

I understand exactly what you mean about not wanting to have a gun like anyone elses'. I'm the same way.

Here's a 9mm integral that I made a LONG time ago

And here's an integrally suppressed 45acp that I did year before last I think?

What most people don't understand when you see either of those, is the handguards are the registered tubes of the suppressors. :idk:

A lot of people tend to just tuck a suppressor underneath of the handguard and just screw it onto the barrel.

Not me.

I've been making the whole handguard the silencer for a while now and a few different times.

This AR9 below, is actually more quiet than a factory MP5SD. I have shot it side by side one that a deputy had and mine got the nod between them.

fIUhW3T.jpg

The 45 integral below:
gey4kq0.jpg

Many people think suppressors are some hard mystical thing, but here's one that I made using nothing more than an AR15 pistol buffer tube that I made into a registered silencer. :laugh:

Stuff like that just catches my attention. I've been fooling with designing and making my own suppressors for the better part of 2 decades now. I enjoy the challenge. Especially when using something that everyone has and no one ever thinks about using as a silencer. It's not exactly rocket science.
I can definitely say yes you do get the nod sir on that work.
We may need to talk about some of these parts, you have definitely got my attention and would love to know how it's done.
Guess I would need a lathe first huh...
I do love your concept of making the handguard into the silencer, that just makes so much sense.

There's no reason to make it any harder than it has to be.

A lathe does help. Though, there are ordinary every day things that can be used too. But, for an integral, I would suggest a lathe because you won't be as limited in what you can create.

No lake is ever deep enough.

I have an interesting story about Albert Einstein.

But first, can you answer how he smuggled his notes and such out when he defected to the US?

Here is exactly how Einstein took with him what he needed.

He KNEW what he needed to know. He didn't have to write it down and smuggle it out because he knew it.

So, if you know something, or know how to do something, no one can take that away from you. Not under threat or duress. Not under casual encouragement. Not under deceit or trickery. When you know how to do something, it's yours forever for as long as the good Lord allows.

No smuggling required.

Back