• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Brenneke Slug

I only bought one box. I didn't do too well! :lol:

I didn't even hit my 50 yard target! Man, I have pictures and video of me puttin 00 buck centered on 50 yard targets. Can't figure out slugs. Go figure...

Haha that's hilarious!! :) I am probably going to get a few boxes 5 or so when they come in. I am also hunting down a store with these new Magnum Crush in stock. I don't want to pay $20 for 1 box of slugs once I get a scope and rifled tube. I'm hoping to find something to consistently shoot decent groups

You could get some cheapie sluggers and walk them out staring at 25 or 15 yards. Perhaps your Beloved just detests being treated so roughly :)

I mentioned these in another post to Itsricmo --
Dixie Slugs DGS (dangerous game slug).
These are 870 grains - almost two ounces.
I've only fired one round using my pistol grip - hot load, won't be doing that again.

Dixie Slugs is in Old Town, Fl
http://www.dixieslugs.com

Thanks for the link! I am torn between getting a Tru-lock Tactical Choke and the Hastings 8" Rifled choke.. I will purchase these slugs depending on which choke I get

Two days ago I went to zero Eotech with 18.5"barrel in Mossberg 500 persuader.I bought two boxes of Maxam Brenneke Rubin Sabot.Maxam,who also operates in USA,has bought the license to Brenneke to make this 12 ga. slug in my Country.

The construction of the slug is very similar to KO sabot slug that Brenneke makes for USA market.
From the Brenneke website:
Back in 2001, Brenneke set new standards in sabot technology with the RubinSabot. now, we are introducing an even better version with more velocity and more energy. Specially tailored to take into account european hunters and their needs, it combines the advantages of a classic slug in 20 ga with the benefits of a sabot. The high velocity (+13 % at 50 m in comparison to CAMO) and very high energy (+25 % at 50m in comparison to CAMO) result in very good precision of 4 cm group with 5 shots at 50 m. The RubinSabot can be used for all types of hunting up to 80 m.

12 ga., 2 3/4 shell, 1 1/8 oz., 1520 fps

I only needed 3 shot to zero the Eotech from 30 yards shoting from knee position.After making 1 and 2 holes I adjusted the Eotech and made hole 3.(see Brenneke projectile)
Hole number 4 is after using the 24" rifled barrel with Remington Accutip sabot slug with the Eotech zeroed for 18.5" barrel.(see Remington projectile)
Very important to me:any lead fouling on barrel.

[img]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk77/jselous/IMGP1065.jpg[/img]

Awesome! I love the little stars that the slug leaves in the paper lol :D
I didn't know anyone else operated in conjunction with Brenneke. I always said that Ddupleks and Brenneke should get together to make one Ultimate Rifled/Foster Slug

Itsricmo said:
Awesome! I love the little stars that the slug leaves in the paper lol :D

I guess it's the simple things in life :lol: I've put quite a few of the black magic rounds through the 500 and love them.... accurate at the distance I need them, and pretty much the hardest punch I can deliver in case one those angry Kodiak brown bears decides to want to make my family and I a meal :twisted:

lol it is the little things in life :)

Black Magic Mags are my favorite <3 Too pricey to have shipped but if I get down to Cabelas in Virginia I will certainly grab a few more boxes!! I am making due with Remington Sluggers right now lol
Hitting vital sized targets out too 100 and the gong at 150. Surprised me with the that new Hi-viz sight I have attached

Itsricmo said:
Surprised me with the that new Hi-viz sight I have attached

Which sight are you using? I've got one of the meprolightg night sights coming. I'll probably end up using some vibrant nail polish to outline the tritium sight... we'll see how that works!

I have the snap-on Hi-viz sight. Just the plain green fiber! I got it for free during a sale deal at a local Dunhams. They had an over stock and if you bought $25 worth of ammunition you got one for free. There is also a newer model being released that includes red, yellow and orange that is double the retail of my model.

I was shocked when I hit the 150yd gong!

Back