• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Dust Cover!

So I installed my new ejection port dust cover successfully with my girly tools. I was so excited as I didn't have any help (which isn't that fantastic since its a fairly easy job). Just thought I'd share since Rip commented on my fb post and told me to! Lol. Hopefully I'm in the right forum because it's hard to tell when I'm using tapatalk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342414800.221217.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342414800.221217.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 649
Haha....great job! Girly tools? Are they pink? Thanx for postin it up. It looks great. How's it work?

Yes they are pink. Lol. It works great... After I took the pic I realized the spring dust have tension so I had to redo it. But I figured it out and installed my husbands and my bosses new covers too! :)

Right back at ya Nitesite!

For future advice to anyone changing the dust cover... Place a piece of duck tape over your forward assist so you don't scratch it up (if you plan on not breaking your rifle down). Also you need to have extra c clips available or make sure you don't lose it in the process!! ;) I searched for my husbands for a good 30 minutes. Lol!

Nice job.

I've been wanting to replace mine for a while now.

It's honestly a 10 min job, tops. The tricky part is getting the c clip on and off and figuring out how to get tension on the spring... But it's pretty easy for the most part. You'll need needle nose pliers, possibly a pair of tweezers too and a little imagination. :)

Sweet! Nice job GLG2!

...oh yeah, C-clips and detent springs are my nemesis. I almost put my eye out during my first lower build. Those tiny parts are REALLY hard to find in the carpet with one eye half closed and watering...

Back