• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Guy From NH with a MMR Hunter

strange246

Copper BB
Hey guys, newbie here with a MMR Hunter in Black, found the forum looking for info on this sweet girl, kinda new to AR's but not guns in general, I traded a barely used homebuilt AR I built with a New Frontier Poly lower, Del-Ton Dissapator upper with all Magpul MOE furniture for the new in box MMR, even swap, I think I did ok in this market, the dizzy just didnt do what I wanted, I built it based on looks, but I really wanted more of a target/plinking rifle, the MMR seems like it'll fit that bill just fine...Dying to shoot it, havnt had a chance yet, put a cheap chinese scope on it for now, here's pic of me and her:
NewAr_zps276f229d.jpg

Anyone know if the lower reciever will take other brand uppers? Thinking about an M4 style upper incase of zombie apocolypse LOL...Actually I have a CMMG .22 upper and hoping it'll fit with no drama
Ryan

hello Ryan welcome from NY. congrats on your new mmr hunter.

Welcome aboard Sir and congrats!

Looks like you definitely got the upper hand in the deal. That 20" free-floated barrel should produce some nice results on paper. The lower receiver is the standard mil-spec forged 7075-T6 aluminum variety and should be compatible with most any aftermarket parts, including your CMMG upper. Don't think you'll have any issues there. Keep us posted, I'm lookin forward to seeing how she does for you at the range...

Thanks guys, I'll post results after the first range trip! I also have a nice bipod for her, but most of my shooting will be off hand (the wheelchair is temporary thankfully, recovering from a bike accident)

Ryan

strange246 said:
Thanks guys, I'll post results after the first range trip! I also have a nice bipod for her, but most of my shooting will be off hand (the wheelchair is temporary thankfully, recovering from a bike accident)

Ryan

get better soon. :)

strange246 said:

Ryan

I feel your pain brother.

Got my first 1911 two days after I had back surgery. Could barely walk and all I wanted to do was go to the range. I wish you all the best with your recovery. Take your time, we'll be here waiting for your update once you're able...

Thanks guys, I'm getting there, a week in the ICU, 3 weeks in a regular hospital room, 9 surgeries and 7 months later I'm learning to walk again and can with a walker...I can still target shoot, thankfully my wife and 8 year old son both enjoy target shooting so we go together, I just shoot from a folding chair after they set up the targets LOL

Glad to see you're getting better.

It's great that your family is getting out there with you...

Well I can finally report on a range trip with my MMR Hunter, first, LOVE it, trigger could be a little better but not horrible either, with a $70 4-16x40 Centerpoint scope from Walmart, after sighting it in, off a rest she was putting 5 rounds in a 1" circle at 100 yards with Tula steel cased 55gr junk rounds...Plenty accurate for me! LOL Next trip I'll put some decent ammo through it with my UTG bipod instead of the wooden rest now that I found some 20rd Pmags (the 30's are too tall for the bipod/seating position for me)...

Nice to see she's printing well for you.

Not bad at all with that Tula ammo. If you don't mind sharing, where did you snag those 20rd PMags? I've been havin a hard time trackin any down...

Gotcha.

The 30 rounders have been popping up here and there, but the 20 rounders are non existent around here. So are you still going through rehab after your surgeries, or are you done with it now?

I'm still in physical therapy once a week trying to regain ankle motion, but otherwise done, heading back to work in a week or two even, just passed an independent medical exam set up by my employer this past Thursday, they required it before I can go back...

Ryan

BTW if you really need the 20's I could grab you a few and mail them out, just let me know, I expect supply will start catching up before too long, 30's are everywhere here now, few months ago they were impossible to find..

Good to see you're able to return to work!

I know the PT can be a long road to travel, but I'm glad you're get'n through it. Thanks for the offer on the mags, but I'm not really hurt'n for them right now. I'm just gonna keep hit'n up my on-line spots as I'm sure they'll pop up somewhere before too much longer...

Back