• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New M930 owner here with a question

triple-B

Copper BB
Hello all, just picked up a new Mossberg 930 Tactical and I hope I made the right decision. First problem is mounting a front sling attachment. I’ve seen the GG&G mounts, but I think I want something more rock solid with mount that attaches between the barrel and magazine tube. I’m open to all opinions and suggestions. Many thanks.

meanstreak

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
triple-b, I can't help ya as I'm not familiar with the gun. However, let me welcome you to the forum. Someone should be along with info.

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I do not have the tactical model but have been happy with the sling mount on the magazine cap.

I do not like the side mounted slings.

triple-B

Copper BB
I do not have the tactical model but have been happy with the sling mount on the magazine cap.

I do not like the side mounted slings.

Unfortunately I don’t have that option, as the 930 is a 18.5” tactical model without the option for a thread on magazine cap mount.

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
How do you intend to carry the shotgun when slung?

Shouldered muzzle UP, horizontal across chest in front, tactical style muzzle down?

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
Take a look at the Mesa Tactical 92680 mount. It clamps between the barrel and magazine.

However, think you'll find the GG&G mounts are solid.

But as Nitesite questioned - how you're going to carry it makes all the difference plus the type of sling/attachment points. IMO, those issues should be resolved before selecting a mount.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards