• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Maverick 88m wife kicked my azz!

Darren W Brown

Copper BB
Hey everyone! I just bought a new Maverick 88 Security 20" 7+1 FDE from Academy Sports & Outdoors.
I love it! It's my third Mav88. Sold me first two 18.5" 5+1 all black versions a while back. Missed them and ended up with this one. I love it. Love the 7+1 aspect and the FDE look.
I was trained in Home Defense Shotguns with a Maverick 88 years ago, so as soon as I held it, I knew.
Wife kicked my azz for buying another gun without consulting with her first. Oops! I lived to tell about it.
Got it stuff with #4 Buck and she's ready for an intruder!
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Congratulations. It's the first FDE 88 that I've seen. The photo that you have up looks more like the older slightly lighter and creamier Coyote tan, which I admit that I like better than FDE anyway because it seems too dark for where I live.

I personally like the control placement on the maverick. Everything just seems laid out better and more natural.

That's a good pick up.

Congratulations. It's the first FDE 88 that I've seen. The photo that you have up looks more like the older slightly lighter and creamier Coyote tan, which I admit that I like better than FDE anyway because it seems too dark for where I live.

I personally like the control placement on the maverick. Everything just seems laid out better and more natural.

That's a good pick up.
You were right. I posted the wrong image. I changed it.
Here's what I got....

Capture.JPG

Elbert, with as much as you like the short gripped scatterguns, why haven't you jumped in and applied to do a form 1 and "SBS" (short barrel shotgun) one about 14 inches long?

Back