• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Mossberg web site

[RANT]
I have been trying my darnedest to use the OFM site tonight to find some info for some threads.

I give up. Trying to search for anything on the new site is just an exercise in futility. Rather then tell me a certain combination of options is not available it displays whatever it thinks is closest, which sometimes was not even the same gauge, etc as the criteria I was searching for. If you do not recheck every option after each search you won't even realize that the models being displayed are not at all what you are searching for.

It's pretty bad when I now choose to look at the inventory of CTD to compare models then using the OFM site. AAARRRRGGGGGG!!!!

Please let someone from Mossberg find this thread and take it to heart.

[/RANT]

carry on.

I like CTD thank you very much :) Their shipping methods are a bit unorthodox and a 20rnd box of .308 will be shipped in a refrigerator box, however, I haven't had a problem with them :) haha

As for Mossberg, I think they REALLY need to fix their store and barrel listing pages..

MikeD said:
[RANT]

[/RANT]

I really don't think they give 2 s***s about it..... :evil: :x

ripjack13 said:
MikeD said:
[RANT]

[/RANT]

I really don't think they give 2 s***s about it..... :evil: :x

Sadly I think I would agree.

I was looking up some info for another user today and found the monstrosity they call a website. It looks like they let some high school kid who was in an Intro. to Computer Tech. class design their website!!!! Come on Mossberg, this is not helping your cause at all.

Furthermore, whoever did/does their photo editing should be shot with home made rock salt rounds at 20 paces! I think I'll be sending an e-mail in the near future with a link back to this thread.

Nice.....I sent one a lil while ago. No response.

Guess that means they must have "upgraded" their email software too. It probably shows that they have unread e-mail, but they just can't find it...

It's funny, their Contact Us page is just a simple e-mail form ... doesn't list any other e-mail on their website other than the service e-mail address. In a world where the internet can kill a company/product in a single day you'd think they would be hiring people/companies to do their stuff the right way.

15 (give or take) years ago I wrote my companies web page in a text editor. It flowed better than OFM's site. :lol:

IMHO a link to a table listing every model and spec with links to pic's would have been a more effective design. Oh wait, that's what they used to have. :lol: :lol:

OK, I'll quit beating the dead horse, it is what it is.

I will be bringing this thread up to the reps when I go out to SHOT show this year.

I think Mossberg's new site sucks ass. I liked it much better the old way. The accessories, such as they were, were much easier to find. If you wanted to browse all models in a given category, that was easy to do and by clicking on "specifications" you got a list of models and compare weights, lengths capacities etc,...

They need to go back to the old way. Also, expand your accessories. Sell more of the stuff on the accessory pages.

For those that need direct access to the accessories and shopping cart areas, I found this through some creative googling, http://www.mossberg.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?search=

send the same email every week till you get a response.....

The problem is they haven't been able to figure out the right combination of options from a series of drop-down menus to be able to find your e-mail...

Back