• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Mossy owner -NY

Shoten

Hatebreed Pit Crew
Sponsor
Just picked up a new Mossberg 500 Slugster. And so far I love it! This site basically made my decision a lot easier. I was tossed between the 870 or 500... and with all the info I found, the 500 was the best choice. Fits all my needs and was easier on the wallet now, as well as, for what I wanted long term wise. So far has factory rifled and ported slug barrel w/rifle sights, Weaver style rail w/ See Thru scope rings, ATI Talon stock with adjustable comb, sling, and Center Point illuminated reticle (red or green) 3-9x40 scope. Cleaning was a breeze with CLP and a bore snake lol. Full disassembly wasn't hard at all and took less than 2 minutes including stock removal... Thank you guys for a great site and can't wait till I can shoot this beast to sight it in. Any suggestions on Sabot Slugs? I have some Hornady SST's for now.... not sure what she's gonna like to eat...

Thanks, Mike

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

asy3epud.jpg

Not the best pic, but you get the idea.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! As far as slugs go I would suggest buy a few brands and seeing what shoots the best. I personally use Lightfield slugs in most of my slug guns.

Welcome aboard!

Don't have any personal experience with them, but I'm sure you'll get plenty of sabot tips in our Ammo sub-forum. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we appreciate the pic of your 500 slugster. Take a look around and feel free post pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

I'm in Red Hook... been to LI a few times , Seaford and Hauppauge area mostly.

Archametes,I have the same barrel as you(24" rifled) in a Mossberg 500 and the Remington Accutip sabot slug works perfectly.If you try magnum load be prepared for a goog kick ;)

Thanks for the heads up. Those and the Hornady SST's seem to be the most readily available around here so I'm hoping either of the 2 can give me the consistant distance and accuracy I'm looking to get.

I. LOVE. THIS. GUN! :cool:

100 rounds of target load, 40 rounds Hornady SST, 10 rounds Winchester XP3, 10 rounds Remington Sluggers, and 20 rounds Mil-spec 00 buckshot... I think I broke it in well for the 1st outing...

Welcome from MI!!

Nice looking slugster!!

Back