• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New news on the Oregon Mall shooting

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Restraint from armed Oregonian….For some reason there was a media blackout on this. Speaks volumes for responsible concealed carry and how it can influence the outcome even with no shots fired

http://mrctv.org/node/119096

Good post Oli, thanks.

I've considered such a scenario, with people runnin. I've considered the circumstance of havin to wait for a good shot and the possibility of hittin someone unintentionally, especially given these recent shooting just days apart.

Can you imagine the burden of the thought process in that moment, in a fraction of a second?

great post oli. as usual buried by our liberal news media.

rossignol,,,tuff call,,,but training and practice is the answer.

Too often stories like this go unreported and sometimes doing the right thing backfires. Remember the autozone employee that was fired two days after saving his managers life by stopping an armed robbery in the store?

Devin McClean, AutoZone Employee, Fired After Stopping Robber With His Own Personal Weapon

...another instance where a Walgreens employee was fired for similar circumstances...

Pharmacist fired for pulling gun on robbers

... in this one from WalMart the employees weren't even armed, but were still fired for taking action...

4 Walmart employees fired after disarming gunman caught shoplifting

There are also multiple instances of Pizza Hut employees and delivery drivers being fired for using legally carried firearms to defend themselves against armed robbery. Seems like doing the right thing often doesn't end well...

You're right, no good deed goes un punished...

Old Mossy, I'm certain you're right

Thanks for posting this oli. Sad I live here in Oregon, even worked in that mall for Fedex for over 2 years, yet never saw this on our local news.

AWESOME find! I re-posted it and tagged all my Commy Left Wing Liberal Friends ;) bwah haha... I am curious to hear what stopped the shooter in the school in CT.. because he was on his way to the gym and than mysteriously the story ends there with him shooting himself... :eek: *Twilight Zone Theme*

Good post and typical of the media to ignore a story that doesn't fit their agenda. I give the guy a lot of credit for thinking things through in such a crisis situation and I'm glad the next shot was into the shooter's head.

I am curious to hear what stopped the shooter in the school in CT.. because he was on his way to the gym and than mysteriously the story ends there with him shooting himself
What I read was that he knew the police arrived and were enterirng the building.

Then, hypothetically, the First Responders were outside of their vehicles. They would have heard the gunshot ring out correct? Why have no First Responding Police or Medics reported a gun shot? I am only asking questions I REALLY don't have answers too yet.

toyracer38 said:
Thanks for posting this oli. Sad I live here in Oregon, even worked in that mall for Fedex for over 2 years, yet never saw this on our local news.

I'm in SW OR, my wife’s family live 5 blocks from that mall, it’s their mall....needless to say my wife freaked out but none of the family was there thank God.....earlier in the day a couple cousins were there I guess.

They were the ones who told us about this man in the story. The guy in the video is a local guy that people had to talk into telling the media his story. He thought he was going to get ridiculed for not shooting the guy so he wasn’t going to tell his story because he beating himself up for not shooting.

Either way, there was no more shooting other than the one the bad guy used on himself so I say it went as good as it could have and the kid with the CC doesn’t have the weight of killing someone to deal with

Itsricmo said:
Then, hypothetically, the First Responders were outside of their vehicles. They would have heard the gunshot ring out correct? Why have no First Responding Police or Medics reported a gun shot? I am only asking questions I REALLY don't have answers too yet.

Nobody has any answers yet......but a lot of the info that was released early on doesn't fit with the published story. All I can say is that we should never underestimate the ability of the media to skew details in order to alter the perception of the general population to achieve a desired outcome.

Remember Friday when the shooter was armed with 2 handguns and a .223 rifle was found in his car?

Oli,from what ive read he used good judgement.
thank God he was there.

oli700 said:
toyracer38 said:

I'm in SW OR, my wife’s family live 5 blocks from that mall, it’s their mall....needless to say my wife freaked out but none of the family was there thank God.....earlier in the day a couple cousins were there I guess.

They were the ones who told us about this man in the story. The guy in the video is a local guy that people had to talk into telling the media his story. He thought he was going to get ridiculed for not shooting the guy so he wasn’t going to tell his story because he beating himself up for not shooting.

Either way, there was no more shooting other than the one the bad guy used on himself so I say it went as good as it could have and the kid with the CC doesn’t have the weight of killing someone to deal with

I did wonder about this, because a reporter asked during a news conference with the police spokesman, if someone with a concealed permit was involved. Just thanking God this wasn't worse than it was! I txt'd my UPS buddy during this and he just replied. "I'm okay. It's unreal". I can't blame this guy at all for not taking the shot. Total chaos, no idea if someone may run into your sight path. Just very sad!

These nutjobs think its all fun and games til someone else shows up with a gun, then they more or less unravel. Be it the cops or someone with a steady gunhand...you would think this guy would be a good example of how just being there stopped something from getting worse.

They just now mentiond this on the local news here in the southern part of the state this morning........havent seen it on national news

It had quite a bit of coverage here in Omaha, Ne on the day it happened. A few follow ups since. Been pretty much overwhelmed by the Conneticut tragedy.

Seems like every news report the last week has focused on Conneticut, Oregon, the event in California and the arrest made of a student in Oklahoma tryiing to recruit other students for another school assault.

It's frustrating to watch.

Mike

They made the Columbine shooters house hold names, they plastered the Batman shooters face all over the media and now the Conneticut shooter has followed suit. With detailed, and very innacurate coverage of what transpired. So of course there is damn near a highschool in every town, and within that school is at least one or two students who are bullied, rejected or somewhat odd persons out of the social norm. We are facing an epidemic, and the sensationalism of these cowardly acts is the gasoline that is driving this crap IMHO.

oli700 said:
Restraint from armed Oregonian….For some reason there was a media blackout on this. Speaks volumes for responsible concealed carry and how it can influence the outcome even with no shots fired

http://mrctv.org/node/119096

somebody needs to get a copy of this to Fox news.

Tim4k5 said:
Itsricmo said:

Nobody has any answers yet......but a lot of the info that was released early on doesn't fit with the published story. All I can say is that we should never underestimate the ability of the media to skew details in order to alter the perception of the general population to achieve a desired outcome.

Remember Friday when the shooter was armed with 2 handguns and a .223 rifle was found in his car?

This all is disturbing and each fact on their own individual levels.. My mother is slightly left wing and supportive of Strict Gun Laws *vomits* and doens't know much about guns to begin with... she fell for the media blitz and didn't notice how the facts have been so messed up... I pointed them out and astonishingly she couldn't believe it anymore :|

Back