• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Old 16 gauge day!!

I am doing fine these days, but I have lived in garrets, and basements, and trailer houses.

We never lived in a place with a dirt floor, but one day I came home from school to find the Neighbors on the first floor stretching possum skins on the front porch.

So you can tell it wasn't a really great neighborhood.

Anyhow I have been looking for a nice Browning Sweet 16 myownself, and the nicest one I have found is another family heirloom, so the owner will not sell it to me.

I could probably find one off of GunBroker but as soon as I import it's going to get a registration number.

I don't want that.

Dude, you've been holding out on me. I didn't know you had that. The 500B has been on my holy grail list for decades.

Nah brother, I posted this way back on the day I got it. It's a sweet shooter for sure and in near pristine condition...

Almost.

These were only in production from '63 to '68. They're out there, but there just aren't that many of them and can be difficult to get your hands on. I lucked into mine. Somebody traded this one in at a local reloading shop. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it as I was fiddling through the used shotguns...

Damn it brother now you've made me want one too!

I think I'm going to put in a wish list down at my local shop....

I really want to get an old bolt action Mossberg 22 as well... not a Wall Queen but a shooter that I can take the grandkids out to practice with.

Okay maybe a wall queen....LOL
The grandkids can always practice with the plastic Marlin.

I have two or three project gun sitting around right now and if I buy another beater my wife might start to look at me funny . . . .

Well guys, it fired 50+ #6 and all the old stuff I had..ZERO issues.

I will need to take a pic, but I was able to refresh the recoil pad..it was rounded off and glazed up slick from time..a belt sander and some emery cloth made it good as new! I squared it off and the glazed feel is now supple rubber again, and sits right when tucked up to the shoulder.

Just as sweet as I remember!

Back