1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

New Personal Defense Minishell Loads!

Discussion in 'Mossberg 500 Pump Action' started by DefenderTacticalTX, Sep 18, 2022.

1. DefenderTacticalTX

DefenderTacticalTX Sponsor Sponsor Premier Member

Howdy all! As the developers of the Universal Cartridge Adapter, we were pretty excited to come across these new Personal Defense Minishells from Federal. Much like a frangible round, the 6X 00 Buck pellets split into two pieces on impact, creating another wound channel. Though we have not had a chance to try them, we think this says a lot about the future of minishells!

Now are these a gimmick? We cannot say for sure until we've done some more testing, but a high-end manufacturer like Federal putting in time and money for minishell R&D certainly grabs our attention. There are some early test results online, but we plan to do some testing on our own. What do y'all think about these?

Splitting Personal Defense Load, 6-Pellet 00 Buck
    [​IMG]

15-Pellet #4 Buck
    [​IMG]

Federal Minishell Loads vs. Aguila
    [​IMG]
    CaddmannQ likes this.
  2. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Cool.

Didn't know federal was doing this.
    DefenderTacticalTX likes this.
  3. nitesite

nitesite Average Guy Moderator "Philanthropist"

Thanks for the heads up.

Those would be fantastic in my double-barreled hammer coach gun!!! I hope that they will one day be on the local store shelves.
    DefenderTacticalTX likes this.
  4. DefenderTacticalTX

DefenderTacticalTX Sponsor Sponsor Premier Member

John A. likes this.
  5. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ Lurker

I am really curious about the wads.

I can mod my press to make these from used hulls. Just for fun of course. I would use them in the 500 pump .

No sense to me using shorties in the 2 barrel coach or the single shot shotty though.
    DefenderTacticalTX and Rodburner like this.
  6. Rodburner

Rodburner Lurker

Lol, hot glue or melted plastic coat hanger should do it…..lol 75D44F90-5788-4EFC-ACAB-4FED9610EE49.png
    DefenderTacticalTX and CaddmannQ like this.