• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

(new) Quick question

Yeah, true dat! Check it out in person if youre able and if not be certain of the return policy upfront!

I just looked at Buds Gun Shop. They have a number of 590A1s, and some with the OFM factory GRS, but the only ones in stock are 18 1/2" models.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/adva ... &x=11&y=12

They have my 20" model (51660) for $463 and a nice lookin 18 1/2" rifle sight model too, and the GRS I mentioned as well. Every other 20" model they list is out of stock. Sux.

Says it's a 20" 8+1
I'll double check before I make a move.

You think that ported barrel is a pro or con?

Damn phone is slow, thanks again for all the help guys.
If all else fails, maybe I'll get lucky at the gun show next weekend.

Ports are definitely a plus!

They work wonders for mitigating felt recoil and decreasing muzzle climb which allows for faster target acquisition for follow-up shots. Rossignol's "a1" barrel is ported. He can definitely give you some better insight...

Sorry, I was incorrect about the SPX bein an 18 1/2", Sorry man!

I agree with LES about porting. My 590A1 is ported, but by Vang Comp rather than factory. I like the porting, I've seen (literally) how it works. I did some video at night and the gasses bein ported are visible. It does absolutely help reduce muzzle climb and help to reduce felt or perceived recoil.

Heres a vid during the day firing full power 00 buck, there is very little muzzle climb and I wasnt standing particularly aggressively. What I wanted to show in the video was keepin follow up shots on target, which I credit in part (if not largely) to the VCS porting, as evidenced to me by watchin the plane of the barrel and how little it climbs up between shots. Check the target at the end of the video!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut9hcuBpstw[/youtube]

If you were usin the gun for 3Gun comp, it would bump you up to the tac class I think.

Awesome!
Very helpful.

Another look around, some reading and then I'll sleep on it.

Glad I found this site!

Well here in a couple of days, I'll be a real owner.
Sent payment on the SPX.
I was thinking that the sIghts, ported, rail and bayo for what came out to be an extra $60, was worth it.
Downside - I had to pay sales tax.

Once again thanks for all the help.

Nice!

Be sure to post up some pics of that bad boy when it arrives. We're lookin forwrd to your first range report as well...

This waiting is killing me, should be at the FFL dealer tomorrow. Hope he is quick about it.

Anything I should do to break her in?

How Exciting!!!

Yeah man, get it home, fully break it down and clean all the grease and rust preventitive out, there are sometimes small metal shavings left over from machining...

Use a cleaner like Hoppes #9, CLP, or the like to clean it, then lightly oil everything. I use my hands to wipe down the oil. If you dont have a cleaning kit, the hoppes kits arent to expensive and will have brushes and swabs.

Get it put back together and go shootin! Some loads are less punishing than others, bird and target loads arent too bad, but full power magnum loads or even 2 3/4" slugs can be downright abusive at first. If you need to, work your way up to full power loads or say the heck with it and jump in with both feet! :D Those full power loads will help to loosen the the gun up!

Well I was delayed until today. Left work early and picked her up.
Picked up a Hoppe's kit the other day.

Pretty exited, Now I'm a real owner!!

Well I'm 100% glad I didn't wait for the gun show. It was huge, a guess at 4-500 tables 200 vendors..??
Saw maybe 3 cruiser type Mossbergs and that's it. Did pick up a scabbard (Voodoo in OD) Strapped the bayo to it and I'm liking it. Strap has to go for sure

Also got to shoot her for the first time tonight :)
Just a quick 9 shells after work. I freaking love it!!

Very nice!

Good to see you're loving it. Man, that gun show must have been HUGE! Just a heads-up, the Blackhawk 15rd sling makes an excellent replacement strap for the scabbard...

I'll add that to my list for sure.

Once I can get an Internet connection on my laptop, I'll get some reviews and photos up.

I'm looking forward to your reviews.

I bought the shotshell sling for my 590, but it was just too damn heavy hanging off the weapon itself. Putting it on the scabbard turned out to be a good idea. Those only happen to me by accident and on rare occasions... :lol:

Good deal man, good to bear you're lovin it!

I have the VooDoo scabbard too. Like you and LES, the strap was ditched post haste.

I'm using my M1907 sling on it currently but otherwise had it strapped to a pack for quite awhile. Made the pack very difficult to store however. So for now, there is a sling on it and it works.

Testing out the telatalk app thingy

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348666316.056094.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348666316.056094.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 201
Back