• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Shockwave Accessories on the Market!

DefenderTacticalTX

Sponsor
Sponsor
Premier Member
Howdy Shockwave fans! We are Defender Tactical, a new family-owned business out of DFW. We pride ourselves in developing innovative solutions for Home-Defense Firearms, with a specialty in short-barreled firearms like the Shockwave and Remington TAC-14. Some of you may be familiar with our new Universal Cartridge Adapter.

We started Defender Tactical to fulfill a vision we saw for the Shockwave: to make it the Ultimate Home/Personal-Defense weapon. When we first got our hands on a Shockwave, the Bird's Head Grip configuration was a bit of a beast from the factory, especially with higher power loads. From the factory, we like to say, "It's like driving a Ferrari without a windshield!"

That was almost a year ago. In the time since we have developed and manufactured accessories to address all of these issues that we had, and are still constantly looking for other improvements and recommendations. We think y'all will enjoy what we have to offer in our initial product line, I will include some pictures and more information on a few products below. We are also very close to releasing some NEW products that we will hopefully be able to debut soon. Let us know what y'all think!

Rubber-Overmolded Forend Grip for 12 Ga. Shockwave (3 Color Matched Colors)
Test_Forend_3418_480x480.png

Rear Grip Enhancement Kit for Bird's Head Grips
image_2022_07_14T22_03_39_285Z_1_720x.png

Mossberg 590 Dual Adapter Kit (4 Color Matched Colors, Cerakote)

Tri-Rail Link
Dual_Black_on_Gun_Close_720x.png

I see lots of requests for shockwave heat shields on here. I understand the theory behind them and the Raptor kit from Shockwave Technology would have suited my desire to experiment with one had the moving shroud part not have blocked the beam from the laser saddle. Is the intent to have a fixed perforated shield attached to the barrel itself, separate from the fore end? The ones I’ve seen modified to fit shockers and other models, seem to me, the way I hold the gun, like two knives waiting to cut me, whenever I jack the slide. I don’t usually grip the barrel when I do fire the gun, but parts of my hand do contact both side sides of the barrel at 4 and 8 o’clock in use. With my mpsa mounted, I never have a reason to touch the barrel in use except as a club..lol. Also,whew, this topic will finally get me past that 666th post barrier…thanks.

LOL wasn't directed at your company- just the general accessories industry (and Mossberg).

I love the two products I got- the strap and the cartridge adapter.
Awesome, we appreciate your business! No we get it, just was wondering what the current issues/complaints are with the ones on the market now. We don't have any on ours so don't have much experience with them... I see @Rodburner has given some feedback as well. Thanks y'all!

I don’t usually grip the barrel when I do fire the gun, but parts of my hand do contact both side sides of the barrel at 4 and 8 o’clock in use.
That was an issue for us as well and something we addressed with our forend. Heat aspect aside, the factory forend creates a pretty nasty pinch point with the barrel when you cycle.

Awesome, we appreciate your business! No we get it, just was wondering what the current issues/complaints are with the ones on the market now. We don't have any on ours so don't have much experience with them... I see @Rodburner has given some feedback as well. Thanks y'all!
I don't believe there is a heatshield for the Shockwave. You can fiddle around with one for a 500 and sorta make it fit, but it isn't ideal because it isn't designed for the shockwave.

That was an issue for us as well and something we addressed with our forend. Heat aspect aside, the factory forend creates a pretty nasty pinch point with the barrel when you cycle.
I think that no one solution will solve every situation for every owner.

Last edited:
As fellow forum member MANSAIL (Post #2) has previously suggested, why not come out with a good decent "Heat Shield" for the Shockwave?

One that will fit on it like a glove to a hand and not look all shoddy or messy, etc. where one would not have to cut to adjust, etc. just to make it fit over the barrel.

As fellow forum member MANSAIL (Post #2) has previously suggested, why not come out with a good decent "Heat Shield" for the Shockwave?

One that will fit on it like a glove to a hand and not look all shoddy or messy, etc. where one would not have to cut to adjust, etc. just to make it fit over the barrel.
We'll put it on the drawing board! We have a few other projects in the fire right now, but we are always looking for new ideas to take on. We'll keep y'all updated!

I took one of those polymer heat shields meant for the Maverick 88 or Mossberg 500 and did some dremel work. I had to cut off the outer loop fastener to make it short enough, cut a notch for the front sight, and hollow out the inner loop fastener to get it to close properly around the heavier Shockwave. It also tends to interfere with the magazine tube cap, so not the most elegant solution. I’ll add my vote - would definitely like to see one specifically made for the Shockwave 12ga.

New guy on the forum here.

I've been a denizen of the gun world for over 4 decades. Mostly pistols and rifles. I recently got a Shockwave as a surprise gift just several days ago.

In my researching of accessories, starting with an adapter for minishells, I discovered Defender Tactical. Next thing I knew, I was "pimping out" my Shockwave with several items from Defender Tactical. I also just learned they are a new company.
Shockwave-Recoil-Strap.jpg

Well... they are off to an EXCELLENT start, I'd say! The quality of their parts and accessories is TOP SHELF. Their service is the same. Super-fast shipping.

And, if I'm honest... the prices are... well... VERY "reasonable," especially given the quality. Excellent value!

Shockwave-Sights-and-minishell-adapter.gif
(I am a paying customer. They did not put me up to this. :) )

Last edited:
New guy on the forum here.

I've been a denizen of the gun world for over 4 decades. Mostly pistols and rifles. I recently got a Shockwave as a surprise gift just several days ago.

In my researching of accessories, starting with an adapter for minishells, I discovered Defender Tactical. Next thing I knew, I was "pimping out" my Shockwave with several items from Defender Tactical. I also just learned they are a new company.
View attachment 28130

Well... they are off to an EXCELLENT start, I'd say! The quality of their parts and accessories is TOP SHELF. Their service is the same. Super-fast shipping.

And, if I'm honest... the prices are... well... VERY "reasonable," especially given the quality. Excellent value!

View attachment 28131
(I am a paying customer. They did not put me up to this. :) )
Congrats on the new Shockwave! Such a fun platform to plink around with or keep close for HD. Glad to see your customizations are going well and hope you continue to enjoy it. Please let us know if you ever need anything from us!

The safety sight and the front sight and the grip stuff should fit the 410.

You can also use the shorter 2-1/2 inch shells already :lol2:

Other accessories would be nice such as shell holders and light mounts made specifically for the 410 version.

I ended up using a generic barrel mounted rail to mount a light on my 410 Shockwave. But it does hang down quite a bit.

Shockwave 1.jpg

I'm not wanting to speak for defender tactical.

But it would be super simple to machine an adapter for the front sling and pic rails.

All you'd have to do is get a small piece of aluminum rod and turn it down to the proper outside diameter as a 12 gauge mag tube, mill out the inside the diameter of the 410 tube. Run it through a bandsaw to make a clamshell out of it.

Then they could use the same tri-rail for all of them. I'm assuming the 20 ga mag tube may be a slightly smaller diameter too? If so, the same thing could be done for it. That would make their shockwave parts cross-compatible with all of the calibers by purchasing the shim adapter you need separately. ;)

Back