• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New to Mossberg MMR Tactical

What optic do you use on your Mossberg MMR Tactical?

• Total voters

SoloScuba

Copper BB
Where to start? Picked up my Mossberg MMR Tactical last week and I can't be happier with my first AR. I liked this rifle when I first saw it a couple of years ago. Didn't want to buy during the craziness so I waited, not patiently but waited. I started my reviews and haven't found anyone saying anything too bad about the rifle. This is one of the few ARs I've seen that doesn't have the Forward Assist but does have a dust cover. I was in the Air Force in the 80's as we had the older SP1 model that was the original M16 and it did't have the Forward Assist. I think Mossberg made the right decision not to follow the herd and put a Forward Assist on the rifle just because everyone else has one. I'm sure I'll kick someone up who will dispute this, but I've never heard of anyone having to use the Forward Assist. If the rifle doesn't go into full battery, do you really want to force it, just my opinion? For the price, I just don't see how to beat it?

I saw this one on Gun Broker with a buy it now price of $470 and couldn't pass it up, $25 for shipping made my total $495! The transfer fee at my LGS is $10 and they had a special, buy $20 of their merchandise and they wave the transfer fee. If you want to get technical, I had to pay the $5 background check my total for the rifle was an even $500.

I want to pass out the seller and my LGS's info, they are both beyond professional. 97 Firearms in Pittsburg PA was the seller, again beyond professional and excellent communication. Did I mention they didn't charge me a credit card fee either!

If you live in South Florida I highly recommend Public Gun and Pawn in Hollywood and their new store Public Gun in Pompano. The store in Hollywood always has a good selection of used guns and I make it one of my Saturday stops every other week just to see what they have. I bought my G36 used from them and my Ruger 10/22 Takedown last year. They also have good prices on ammunition. The new store in Pompano is a nice clean shop with a good selection. The owner Kevin has always been professional and fair in all of my dealings with him. Again, they do $10 transfers, I would also suggest if you're looking for a specific model and want to order off Gallery of Guns, make sure to input their zip and I've never seen anyone with better prices than they have. Here's their URL, http://publicgunandpawn.com . Again I can't recommend them enough.

Back to the MMR, I'm going to get a Stark Express Grip SE-5 to match the Stark SE-1 Pistol Grip that came stock on the MMR.

I've pretty much talked myself into a Vortex SPARC II Red Dot Optic. Read a lot of good about it, just wish it wasn't made in China, but I don't want to spend $400+ on an Aimpoint or other optic NOT made in China.

After that I want to add a light and laser, then finally I might start the search for a suppressor that won't cost more than the rifle did. I know I have to drop $200 on the tax stamp but that will be with any suppressor I decide on.

I will add better photos as I update it.

Photo Dec 15, 17 42 41.jpg

I had a Vortex Strikefire that was awesome, never a problem. Used a lot , abused a little all on an AR.
I like the second offering of the Sparc and the Strikefire, they addressed a couple of issues that stood in the way of the first gen's being the best budget red dot , it's a toss up between Primary Arms and Vortex for me .......my current AR build is going to get a Primary Arms gen2 micro dot.....they got the batts going 50,000 hrs and push button settings this time around, super low profile,they fit T1 mounts.
I don't even have a red dot right now, been using a 1-6x and love it, miss the red dot though

Back