• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New upper for my MMR hunter

I'm looking for a new upper for my MMR hunter. I prefer a more tactical setup.

My question is will any complete upper work with the MMR hunter lower?

New to the AR scene.

Any info is greatly appreciated as it seems info for our rifles is scarce.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The MMR rifles use standard mil-spec lowers with .250 diameter takedown/pivot pins.

Some older Colt uppers use .312 diameter pins, but most new manufacture upper receivers will be compatible with your MMR lower...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
The MMR rifles use standard mil-spec lowers with .250 diameter takedown/pivot pins.

Some older Colt uppers use .312 diameter pins, but most new manufacture upper receivers will be compatible with your MMR lower...

Thanks Lazy eyed sniper! My also options on a new stock mil spec as well or commercial?

No problem.

The MMR Hunters are set-up with an A2 stock and buffer tube assembly....

The A2 buffer tubes thread into the receiver and are held in place with a screw in the end of the stock. If you're looking to switch over to a collapsible stock you'll need to install a new buffer assembly...

The collapsible stocks are held in place with a latch plate and secured by a castle nut. The new buffer tube can be either commercial or mil-spec as either will fit your receiver. You just need to make sure that the stock you choose is spec'd (mil-spec or commercial) to match the buffer tube...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
No problem.

The MMR Hunters are set-up with an A2 stock and buffer tube assembly....

The A2 buffer tubes thread into the receiver and are held in place with a screw in the end of the stock. If you're looking to switch over to a collapsible stock you'll need to install a new buffer assembly...

The collapsible stocks are held in place with a latch plate and secured by a castle nut. The new buffer tube can be either commercial or mil-spec as either will fit your receiver. You just need to make sure that the stock you choose is spec'd (mil-spec or commercial) to match the buffer tube...
Thank you for the info.

Back