• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

newby with a new mossberg

a little intro, ive owned mossbergs in the past but not in recent times, i own several guns, really into ar15 (have two) and ccw guns(have several) but ive gotten to cerakote and building some and tricking out a few firearms, well i ran out of projects and recently decided to make myself a home defence shotgun (cost was a concerne) i dont have the deepest pockets, so i set about the hunt.
i had decided the mossberg 88 security model would be the base for the door greeter, so i ordered one from buds. as soon as it arrived i tore it down and cerakoted the barre, full lenth mag tube and reciever in burnt bronze, then install the talon T2 grip and adjustable stock,
then i procured and cerakoted in graphite black a mossberg 500 heat shield.
next came the magpul forward attach sling mount and MS3 sling, and just for kicks added a side saddle six round shell holder!

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

The "88" turned out real nice...

Howdy Ronald, welcome to the club....

Welcome to the MO Ronald. Nice looking job you did there.

I never owned a shotgun until last year, and while I have always owned at least one gun, I have never really had the need for a self defense gun or a home defense gun before.

But they sure are fun to shoot.

I now have a 12ga Mossberg Cruiser and an old Stevens sxs 16ga. and several pistols for carry.

Back