• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Nobel Sport A1

boon

Copper BB
Anyone handload using Nobel Sport powders?

I was given an almost never used MEC 600 markV and have added a couple of bits that were missing ...........and along with it I got 500 win AA hulls :mrgreen:

Now the load data that is widely available usually comes from the states.........along with powders and primers but the industry is in decline this side of the pond and I had to buy cheddite clerinox cx2000 primers and Nobel Sport A1 (its called vectan A1 over here)

I got one load formula for the 2 3/4 win AA using a guilandi v zero 23 wad and that was 24grains for a 1 1/8 oz lead load(32grams).......but for some reason the supplier gave me bushing #38..........ahh well back to the lee dippers and digi scales.......#38 was throwing 26.8grains.........

Next problem was getting 1 1/8 into the hull with that wad.........so if i'm dipping powder and shot anyways.........does anyone have a 1 oz load that would suit? and I'll downsize the lead and powder accordingly.

Thanks in advance..........wish they still imported win 209's here.........I have a couple of pounds of alliant.........2400 for my little 410 and unique that would make life easier.

While i'm here does anyone know who actually manufactures the Nobel Sport 209 primer ? It is apparently a direct swap out with the win 209.

There is info out there if you google but I dont speaka da french or italian........

Welcome to the forum boon...

Sorry...I really don't reload any of the calibers I use, mostly because they are still relatively cheap...tho that is starting to change!

;)

Sorry I cant help here Boon...

I'm goin to move this to the reloading section. Hoping someone more knowledgable than myself will come along and help you out!

SHOOTER13 said:
Welcome to the forum boon...

Sorry...I really don't reload any of the calibers I use, mostly because they are still relatively cheap...tho that is starting to change!

;)

Lucky you.

My clay target ammo is usually off the shelf.....at £37/250 its not worth re loading and local clay target clubs hold plenty in stock but after being quoted £16 for 25xBBB (small buckshot for varmints) I decided to dig out the reloader and fire her up.Couple that with the nearest gunshop 1hr away and nearest decent shop double that,add the price of gas over here running at over £6 a gallon and handloading eaven small amounts starts looking viable.

£37=$60.9us
£16=$26.35us
£6=$9.88us

Hey boon...

If you don't mind me asking...where do you live ?!

The outer fringes of the european empire.........I live in the UK but in the northern wastelands (Scotland)

Its like England only nicer..........and easier to own a gun due to it being less populated :D

Same draconian gun laws as England but being mostly rural theres more room to shoot, almost everyone owns a gun up here.

Huntin,fishin,shootin industry is quite busy up here ..........we have only 3 types of deer,roe,sika and red but theres plenty of them.........rivers are full of brown trout, sea trout and wild atlantic salmon........if you have to live in the UK its probrably one of the better places............... ;)

Back