• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Norwegian 835 ultimag.

roger1987

Copper BB
I am amazed how well this shotgun performs in winter conditions. I have tested it in -38*c, and it worked perfectly. It has been with me for 5 years, and I have shot abuot 3500-4000 shots, both competition and hunting. It has NEVER failed one shot. Takes every shell I put in it. But I am thinking about changing the stock to a more tactical like appearance. Is that something anyone would recommend?

Welcome to Mossberg Owners forum. That is certainly impressive that your Mossberg 835 ultimag shoots in -38*C! As for the tactical stock, which ones were you looking at? I love the SpeedFeed stocks due to how durable they are made and the guarantee they come with. I like the feel of the pistol grips but I don't like how difficult they make it to flip the tang safety on the Mossbergs.

Hello. And thanks for the welcome. I have not found any offers on modyfying parts in Norway. So, do you know where there is any price and parts lists? And I agree that rhe gun impressed me in that winter hunt.
So many shots, and never a misfire. I agree that the safety switch is a bit hard for fast shots. Is there something you know can be done with it?

As for the "tactical" stock, I suggest the Hogue short length of pull, if its available for the 835 (something I'll look into). It has the over molded grip, and the 12" Length of Pull would work really well with heavy layered clothing in the winter.

As for easily flipping the safety, the oversized safeties are a good choice, and with heavy gloves the one from Brownells has a very positive surface area and may be the easiest to manipulate.

I'll look into that stock!

hey roger.. how did you make out with the tac stock? did you find one you like?

Back