• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Noticing a lot of pistol caliber carbines being sold

Someone commented on the Mean mag inserts at another group. My thought on them you still have to pay $10-$15 for the magazine and they COULD be confused with a .223 mag or vice-versa. I like my Glock-fed AR-9. I have over 1000rds worth of magazines that can fit the pistol or carbine...

I heard on a ammo form that a couple of ammo companys are working on ammo for pistol caliber carbines.
I'm guessing higher pressure longer/ slower burning powder to squeeze out as much speed as you can out of the longer barrel but slow enough burn that you wouldn't over pressure a pistol but the flash would be spectacular

Most IMI and all 9mm NATO rounds are loaded to about 38000 psi so they'll cycle all those heavy open bolt military weapons.

Most commercial 9mm, is loaded to ~35,500 psi. I wouldn't say that is really anemic, but is comparable to shooting mild 38 special to +P 38 Special. It's a notable difference.

Personally, I like shooting 165gr handloads. The thump of the bullet striking the backstop is the dominant sound. And it has a decent thump too.

Most IMI and all 9mm NATO rounds are loaded to about 38000 psi so they'll cycle all those heavy open bolt military weapons.

Most commercial 9mm, is loaded to ~35,500 psi. I wouldn't say that is really anemic, but is comparable to shooting mile 38 special to +P 38 Special. It's a notable difference.

Personally, I like shooting 165gr handloads. The thump of the bullet striking the backstop is the dominant sound. And it has a decent thump too.

You looked much younger than i thought.. :D ( old and wise )

I'm still digging on the Henry .357 magnum. I have certainly not shot this carbine nearly enough.

I didn't consider my .45-70 Marlin to be a pistol caliber carbine, until my buddy showed up with this.
20190517_080257.png
That's just a still shot. There's no video. That is a stainless Magnum Research, and it's no harder to shoot than the .44 Ruger Magnum. It is larger heavier and more powerful though.

As an aside to earlier posts about the CZ Scorpion, there's a non-restricted version available up here now and it is one badass looking rig.

It's retailing for about the same as the Beretta here (bout $1200). But they sell out just as fast as they come in. I don't know any place that has any in stock.

View attachment 23015

The scorpion is an awesome gun.

QcUjnO7.jpg

Back