• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

NSFW Hunting picture thread

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I did a search and found a few topics with some hunting pictures in them, but I didn't see a dedicated thread for hunting pictures.

I added the NSFW to the title so as to not to offend anyone. If you are by chance offended seeing pictures of dead animals that were taken legally and as humanely as possible and usually for meat (except the predators that kill and eat my meat), then do yourself a favor and close the topic and don't look any further. I don't want this topic to turn ugly.

Here are some to start it off.

I look forward to seeing your pictures added. With as many hunters here, I know I am not the only person who enjoys their heritage.

squirrelhunting053.jpg

foxsquirrel001.jpg

rossiyouthsquirrel.jpg

doecleaning001.jpg

coyote1-1.jpg

coyote2.jpg

425yardbobcat-1.jpg

I can see a joke in the picture. "Daddy..is that Rudolph?"

:) :)

Holy cow that's a nice lookin Bobcat!

Great idea...

I see I'm not the only one into huntin' small game...as well as large !! ;)

I enjoy hunting for small game as much as I do the big stuff, but I seldom get to anymore.

I have more pictures of turkeys and grouse and other stuff too, but I haven't came back across them yet.

These are the only two I can find right now.

MikeTurkey002.jpg

Squirrel_001.jpg

Nice fellas, reall cool! Great thread John!!! Seriously nice work on the small game too gentlemen!

What gun is that with the bobcat?

I only have this one right now. My daughter really could care less if we ever took the camera with us, but I managed this time to get her to take a pic.

Those are quail in the bag, both taken with Mossbergs, one with a 590A1 20" and the other with a 500 24" .410!

Me_n_Ivy_03Small.jpg

Rossignol said:
What gun is that with the bobcat?

That was my 3rd AR. I sold it to help fund my Mac 10.

It had an Olympic Arms lower with Ace skeleton stock, Rock River flat top upper, with a 24 inch barrel on it.

I had it setup for precision with a very light trigger.

It would group under 1/2" at 100 yards all day long with 62 gr and 55 gr bullets when you did your part. And it absolutely loved 45 gr varmint tip Remingtons and 55 gr Hornady Vmax.

To be honest, the Bobcat was my longest confirmed shot from one ridgetop to another at about 425 yards, although I don't think I would take another shot that far away again unless it had a lot more size to it.

I prefer to get in a lot closer than that, but didn't think I would've been able to without scaring it off before I trekked down one hill, across the valley and up onto the other side of the ridge where it was.

Here are a few of my successes.

2008 Archery. Self photo, only took 10 or so trys! :D
2008bowdeer3.jpg

2009 Eastern turkey. Mossberg 835. :)
20093.jpg

The coolest thing I have taken with a bow. Groundhog in 2008. Hit him between the eye and ear @ 24 yds. :D
DSC00403.jpg

2010 Canadian Goose. My one and only taken with my trusty 835. :)
FirstGoose.jpg

Good shooting, esp on that groundhog.

Very nice tcecil! I love my 835 as well....

1-3-10.jpg

mms95picture.jpg

not all my ducks but I did use my 500
Doe.jpg

My first deer. shot her in 2010 @ 200 yards
2011-11-12072142.jpg

my first buck and first deer with my atr100

Nice. My dad took me duck hunting a few times when I was younger. For some reason we quit but I always wanted to get back into it. Although the last time I remember going we sat out there and could feel shot raining down on me the entire day. perhaps that had something to do with it.

I thought I would show a few more of my successes. I hunt a military base alot and have taken these 3 bucks from the same stand.
2008 Shotgun. This deer had been hit in the left front knee and just about took the leg off. He also had a bad right rear hoof. This was more of a mercy kill than anything.
112908Shotgun.jpg

2009 Archery.
2009BowSeason.jpg

2009 Shotgun.
122809Shotgun.jpg

Because of work I have not been able to deer hunt much the last 2 seasons.

Dang fellas, yall have done well! Thanks for sharin these!

I hope to be able to hunt bobcat one day, and hopefully we'll be hunting coyote soon!

Some really nice deer there guys. Thanks for the pics.

Back