• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Occupy Wall Street (Potential Political Debate!)

Todays update;

Just when it seems its all slowing down, new reports of growing violence. Shootings have occured in Oakland, and crime is rampant in the Occupy camps in Portland Oregon. So much so the mayor is planning to put an end to the protests there altogether.

Weird some folks still think that with rape, molestation, murder, death, drug use, violence, vandalism, molotov cocktails, property destruction... that the Occupy movements really arent all that different from the Tea Party rallies.

Also, consider the Occupy protests are being nationally supported, even embraced by top officials in govt. The Occupiers are also supported by national media.

Anyone think it strange the short lived riot at Penn State got more national press coverage than the shots fired and murder in Oakland? The Penn State riot was condemned and later rioters apologized and admitted it was the wrong way to handle things.

The early motivation of the Occupy protests were to point out failures of banks and corporations (like GE) working hand and hand with washington to make law that benefits both sides and little else. Ok, not all bad... But as earlier stated, there was no unified voice, leadership, or guidance, making it possible for much more radical people to take the helm.

The goal is bring down the economy of the United States, and quite possibly the govt. too. The Oakland protesters successfully shut down the docks for several hours last week and stopping "the flow of the economy" they said. Increasingly there is talk about, "the workers" and "the working class". Doesnt sound bad on its face. But you have to understand communism and marxism.

This is craziness, and if the cold of winter doesnt turn people away, and if officials dont put an end to it, then there is little else to expect but for violence to continue and increase.

Regular folks who have not had reason to be afraid of going into the cities before, even given crime and drugs, are now reporting they are afraid to venture into the areas seemingly controlled by occupiers. Let me say again, the crime rate had not been a deterent and kept people from traveling into the city or keeping them from business or play. But with crime rates up about 20% in some areas, people are now too afraid to go near the areas of the camps.

So in summary;
The Occupy camps are not safe for women
While it is said the camps are representative of the population, crime is about 20% higher in these areas
All manner of crime is being reported from occupiers
Violent crime is increasing
The Occupation is still embraced by the leftist govt.

Rossignol, Out.

I have gone through this thread and you've done a great job here Brad!! It truly has 99% (<--margin of error=1%) of my take on the OWS movement and you've done a good job of laying that out as it happened.

The whole thing makes my stomach turn and as has been outlined throughout, the Tea Party is the so called "bad guys"!!!!! :roll:

Thank you Dave... I try to write up the facts and back it up with actual quotes and back check before I posts. And I add my perspective too sometimes.

I have another quick update.

Across the country, in several of the occupied cities, local officials have had enough and evicted the occupiers. New York among them.

Police in riot gear moved in and forced the protesters out. They wanted to get the place cleaned up and told the occupiers they would be allowed back, but no more encampment. No tents, tarps, or sleeping bags.

All this time and in many locales, occupiers chanted "Whos park? Our Park!" Really? I'm pretty sure most of these parks are privately owned.

Well, the occupiers in NYC have vowed tomorrow to be the biggest demonstration yet. They may have said the biggest protest or march yet, i dont remember off hand. They also said they want to firebomb Macys and burn NYC to the ground.

They were kind enough to broadcast their intentions. Expect more police in riot gear.

How bad parenting created OWS by Shawn Bean, Parenting.com:

It’s a nice time of year for an uprising. Temperatures in New York are in the high 60s to low 70s. Sunny skies, little rain. It drops to about 50 at night, so the free blankets come in handy. Every so often you march. The rest of the time you do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight. Occupy Wall Street is a Bonnaroo-ed version of a revolution. If T.G.I. Friday’s made a civil rights movement, this would be it.

I get why they’re there. My family is middle class. I once had Bank of America stock that could pay for Jackson’s college education. I now have Bank of America stock that could pay for Jackson’s college sweatshirt. We scrutinize our account balance. We drink domestic. We drive South Korean. We Coinstar.

We know the unemployment rate (over 9 percent) and the number of us living in poverty (more than 46 million. That’s roughly one in seven). But Occupy Wall Street is not helping those people. Occupy Wall Street is a temper tantrum in a private park. And it’s parents, moms and dads, i.e. us, who are to blame.

At some point on the parenting evolutionary chart, we went from restrained to indulgent. We went from being parents to being friends. Peewee baseball games stopped keeping score. Everyone got a trophy. If there was a problem, there was always a Boogieman: allergies, ADD, auditory processing, a bad teacher. We stopped saying “no,” and started saying “no because…” We negotiated. We gave them options (Cinnamon Life and Frosted Mini Wheats? Big Time Rush or iCarly?). We told them they could be American Idols and astronauts, all while knowing they were tone deaf and terrible at chemistry.

Those kids went to college, and got useless degrees (full disclosure: film major with a psychology minor). They graduated, and then failed at being American Idols and astronauts. Without a decent set of coping skills, they’ve turned rejection into anger. They’ve lived a life where there were always options, where they never lost, where they thought the moon overhead followed them. They’ve been kicked out of the nest, having never been told their wings don’t run on batteries.

And now somebody owes them $150,000 for their education. No one said your major in horticulture was a coupon good for one free career.

Occupy Wall Street is not a movement. It’s a paper Tyrannosaurus. Zuccotti Park, filled with people who are drinking Starbucks (publicly traded company) and using the bathrooms at McDonald’s (publicly traded company) is a petri dish for YouTube, Twitter and the 24-hour news network. It’s something to fill the CNN newscrawl between updates on Conrad Murray and Rick Perry. It’s a clever slogan on a piece of cardboard that made you click "like."

There is a silver lining here. By never losing and always winning, by having good-hearted, hard-working moms and dads who would do anything for them, these kids walked away with something important: hope. These kids believe anything is possible. It’s no surprise that Barack Obama won the presidential election with the second largest youth turnout in American history. (The largest turnout was in 1972, the first year 18-year-olds could vote.)

But by its very definition, hope is an expectation, not a reality. And here’s the reality: Very soon stiff icy winds will hustle across the East and Hudson, and New Yorkers will start pinning their chins to their chests as they walk uptown into the blast. Once those gunmetal grey skies close in, Zuccotti Park will thin out. The kids will quietly go home, where Mom and Dad will give them hot plates of food and control of the remote. And the legacy of Occupy Wall Street will be Facebook wall photos, Twitter hashtags, and MSNBC soundbites - things none of us can ever touch.

The San Diego Occupiers held a moment of silence in solidarity for the person who shot the White House with rifle fire.....

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2011/ ... se_shooter

PROTESTER: "I think we should have a moment of silence and solidarity for the person that they said was from the Washington, DC, Occupy, that maybe why did he feel he needed to shoot the White House window today. So I think we should hold a moment of solidarity for the White House and for the guy that shot at the White House today."

PROTESER: "Occupy the Police Department!"

Jeeeez............

There are 7 NYPD officers in the hospital today as protests turned violent, though not the fire bombing promised.

NiteSite, holy crap thats rediculous!

Pretty cool find Mud! Hopefully theyre just fair weather protesters...

Back