• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

OH SNAP!

HAHAHA!! THAT IS AWESOME! :D

Well I believe Peurto Rico is trying to claim statehood :D haha that is 1 closer :p
More people paying taxes though... I AM SURE that it would solve our debt problem

I saw that Puerto Rico voted that they want to be the 51st state. Are they nuts? Someone needs to tell them that comes with their share of 19 trillion in debt. I'm hoping they don't make it. Their gun laws are crap and we don't need any more liberal senator.

These petitions will be completely ignored although I did see mention of it from one of the mainstream media outlets. They won't sit up and acknowledge anything until state governments get a heck of a lot more vocal. Rick Perry made some news in 2009 when he used "secession" in a speech but today was avoiding it when his office made a statement regarding these petitions.

We need more like Jan Brewer who doesn't seem afraid of DC
ap_obama_jan_brewer_lt_120125_wblog.jpg

Not surprisingly from the amount of Gov't oversight (err, choke hold), my state is also on the list and so far has well more than half of the signatures necessary for a response.

But like the others here, it won't happen without the various states pushing for it.

I wish she would have given him a back hand slap when she was done reaming him out.

PA has about 8500 signatures on the petition and some counter petitions are showing up:
A couple other petitions, though, call for these malcontents to be deported or stripped of their citizenship.
If I sign the petition and they strip me of my citizenship do I get to not pay taxes, still drive, kids go to college, vote, not be asked my legal status if pulled over by police and get sympathy from every liberal group in the country? :lol:

HAHA!!! Very good points! :p I have been reading up on the process of signing one of those. You have to join their .gov website and fill out some information, personal stuff... I am sure we are already on a watch list but I do fear they may do some extreme stuff to signers... :/

HAHA!!! These forums are so heavily watched that we are all probably on a Homeland Security watch list. They are watching my Ammunition Purchases and gun buys (that don't happen) haha

Here's a quote/admission from DHS on their illegal spying on U.S. citizens.

A "privacy compliance review" issued by DHS last November says that since at least June 2010, its national operations center has been operating a "Social Networking/Media Capability" which involves regular monitoring of "publicly available online forums, blogs, public websites and message boards."

To the federal authority reading this, you should be polite and check in on the New Member Welcome Area. Something like "Hi my name is Billy from DC and I'm new to the board. I'm more interested in your guns and what you think but I do have a great interest in .40 hollow point ammo."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/11/us-usa-homelandsecurity-websites-idUSTRE80A1RC20120111

So as to not completely hijack the thread, 38 states now have secession petitions going and I think 7 have the number needed to "get a response"

carbinemike said:
So as to not completely hijack the thread, 38 states now have secession petitions going and I think 7 have the number needed to "get a response"

My state is only needing about 8,000 more signatures for a response I think.

It garnered another couple thousand today.

Re: And So It Begins...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I just don't like going out of my way to turn myself into a target...

Try being a Founding Member and the Vice President of the largest Pro 2A organization in the state you live in.
As I have told the Executive Members of CCDL time and time again. If you think that the Government has no idea who you are ........Think Again!

LTB you are not only on a list but must be near the top of it for your area. I tip my hat to you.

L.E.S. that's a very reasonable thought given the times we live in.

I know my buddies mom was an early founder in this area for the Tea Party and she had weird stuff happen after her involvement began including a tax audit and various visitors from the local and state level.

carbinemike said:
To the federal authority reading this, you should be polite and check in on the New Member Welcome Area. Something like "Hi my name is Billy from DC and I'm new to the board. I'm more interested in your guns and what you think but I do have a great interest in .40 hollow point ammo."

That welcome entry would be EPIC!! I would probably need 3 pairs of pants lol :lol:
And As for high jacking, no worries :) Everything is open for discussion haha :D
38 states is awesome! I will have to check the standings for PA to see where we are at :D

I had heard that an ammendment was added to prevent secession if not making it illegal altogether. I've not looked into it though.

Thing is some states would be fine, (Texas) while nationwide tax dollars subsidise the economies of other states, (California). That's my take, maybe I'm wrong. I'm open to correction. I don't see California bein able to exist on their own however.

One problem,

With states like Texas, and Tennessee for that matter, there's no state income tax.

"Ok folks, we we're a success! First order of business, we have to impose a new income tax and raise taxes on everything else to be able to support our new state."

That'll go over like a turd in a punchbowl...

Signed
And posted it on the CCDL Facebook page and both of the Connecticut gun forums that I am on.

Back