• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ohhh ~ My God I just bought

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
A Hi-Point 1095 10mm Carbine, brand new box and docs.

I have 10mm ammo, and I also have .40S&W target (American Eagle 180-gr FMJ) and self defense police ammo (180-gr Federal HST) and I have already sized lot of primed and flared 10mm brass, and lots of .40S&W cleaned and tumbled brass. And a car-load of large and small pistol primers, plus lots of jacketed .400" bullets.

WHAT HAVE I GONE AND DONE???????

I traded in a little gun that I absolutely hated and walked out for $20 from my pocket.

You made a good buy.

Other than being ugly as sin and looking like a snake that ate a piglet,

They're accurate.

They're reliable.

The newer ones with a skeletonized stock look better than the old originals from the early 90's.

And you can even swap stocks and make it look a lot more like a Beretta Storm Carbine if you were so inclined.

https://www.atioutdoors.com/product/hi-point-stock/

Not my gun, but:
iu

Excellent Purchase and early Christmas present.

Don't think you can go wrong with anything in 10mm these days.

I'm wishing Marlin will come out with a 10mm lever action carbine some day!

Regards

And it will shoot .40S&W ammo as well (not exactly factory recommended, but....) . Bonus!

I bought a GLOCK27 the only reason being just to use up my surplus duty .40 ammo and I HATED shooting that pistol. This gun will at least be fun in some crude sort of way. I talked to a guy at Hi-Point in Mansfield, OH and he says during his family plinking trips with a 1095 they get groups the size of an orange at 50-75 yards.

I'd be okay with that.

A friend of mine says he has gone 3000 rounds without cleaning his, just a little oil now and then!

Ya just gotta love energizer bunny guns.

That's the main attraction to AK's and old Ruger P85's. It sure isn't their good looks or award winning ergonomics.

Well bought. My only issue with my 4095 is the magazines. If those magazines were better ( as in deadly dependable) it would be the go-to home defense firearm for my better half. Take care. Tom Worthington

I had a 9mm. Fun and accurate. Reliable as all get out.
I sold mine. I miss it and I don't. Great carbine but I hated the 10 round capacity.
The extended mags hanging out of the grip is just ugly and unwieldy to me.
The bullpup conversion is interesting in a space gun kind of way.

My 995TS. Cheap ebay red dot and light. I did and the dual mag carrier to the buttstock.

1220161031.JPG

Will it cycle 10mm Kurz?

I was kidding on the nomenclature--like 9mm Kurz ("short" auf Deutsch) is .380ACP... ;) So yes "10mm Kurz" is .40S&W. BUT don't those cartridges headspace off the case mouth? Meaning, putting a .40 in a 10mm you are relying on the extractor to hold the cartridge in place... :eek:

My 995TS. Cheap ebay red dot and light. I did and the dual mag carrier to the buttstock.

We had one very similar that came with a cheapy Tasco red-dot and five mags, two 10rd and three 15rd. I removed the springs from the buttstock pad to decrease length of pull for the kids who were tweens at the time. We had our fun with it, maybe 500rds, but had someone offer me a like-new Henry lever .22 and $200 for it so away it went and in the grand scheme of the deal, the Henry was free... :)

I was kidding on the nomenclature--like 9mm Kurz ("short" auf Deutsch) is .380ACP... ;) So yes "10mm Kurz" is .40S&W. BUT don't those cartridges headspace off the case mouth? Meaning, putting a .40 in a 10mm you are relying on the extractor to hold the cartridge in place... :eek:

Bobster, after I ask the question I saw John's comment and it dawned on me regarding your "short" anaolgy. Don't hear the term Kurz used much anymore and I'm sure many don't know the history. But 7.92x33 Kurz is still around.

Regards

Last edited:
That would be as fun as shooting 357/38 in your H&R.

But in fully semiautomatic mode.

You wanna know something pathetic? The hi point carbine was named as an assault rifle during the last ban attempt.

True story.

Traitors. The lot of them.

Thankfully, neither.

Daddy always told me: If a politician wasn't crooked when they got into politics, they would be by the time they got out.

Besides, I don't think that msnbc would like me for a guest. I'm really certain that they would have technical difficulties :quote:and cut my feed

I believe it will. The magazine is marked 10mm/.40 S&W

My guess is that because the mag is single-stack, the bolt strips a round off in a straight line directly into the chamber. So why not design a mag that can do both calibers--the .40 only has to jump about an 1/8" extra in the mag before it enters the chamber.

Now if you are dealing with a double-stack mag, the cartridges make a slight angle off the follower into the ramp of the chamber. A blunt .40 in a 10mm mag making that little extra "jump" might yaw enough to hit the edge of the chamber. Best case is you have a FTF. Slightly more worse is that the bullet will get pushed into the case, THEN chamber and fire and possibly blow out the case head due to overpressure. In theory, of course... ;)

This guy explains it fairly well. gootoob VIDEO

Back