• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

'Ol Faithfull

Saltmarsh

.270 WIN
Heres my 'Ol Faithfull, she has been with me since 1991. Seen and been through a lot together.
2011-10-04203745-1.jpg

I think I picked this up in either 89 or 90...
100_2569.jpg

You guys are gonna end up making me take pictures of every one of my knives...

I love seeing working guns and knives with wear and character all over them! Thank you both for sharing.

Nice Ka-Bar and Tanto!

My 'ole faithful...a well used Buck that I have carried for decades...

BUCKKNIFE1-1.jpg

================================================================

BUCKKNIFESET-1.jpg

================================================================

oli700 I have not seen one of those before, Is it some type of Spainish Military Knife. Shooter good old Buck folders. I have a few still around, good knives one of first blades.

Saltmarsh said:
oli700 I have not seen one of those before, Is it some type of Spainish Military Knife.

Good eye." Knife of the Mountains".

I bought this at the US Cavalry store right outside Ft Campbell, KY back in Fall 1986. Guess that makes it 25-years old! It rode on my LBE thru two overseas conflicts. I still use it pretty regularly and it rides in the duty bag I keep in my unit.

IIRC is was made by Camillus.

workingknife.jpg

Yes sir, mine has kissed me a few times. I wore it on my LBE (Load Bearing Equipment) pistol belt, it stabbed me throught the sheath one time while doing IMT's (Individual Movement Techniques), pretty nice gash too.

This is the best pic i could find in short order. I carry it daily now, and it gets used daily! This pic was taken about 2 years ago now, within weeks of getting the knife. When I was doing leather work regularly, I would take pics for my customers and used the knife for size comparisson.

Its a CaseXX, made in the USA! One of very few production knives still made entirely in the US of A! Its a 3" blade, 6" OA. The collar pictured, (wow I remember that dog, he is a pitbull named Shogun) anyway, the collar is 19" in length to the center hole, or 24" OA length.

Sorry about drifting off topic, Heres the pic! The leather handle is the same color as the collar now!
6448_102001884043_101977654043_2021162_6327053_n.jpg

Rossignol,

That knife is exactly like one I took rabbit hunting every winter way back when. It was perfect to quick gut a rabbit in the field so it would cool down in the game pouch of my Carhartt field coat! I wonder whatever happened to that knife. What a great knife! Now you have me wanting to get another!!!!!

NiteSite, they always have them at our local hardware store! An old guy I work with has been trying to trade for mine for a long time now! I dont know why he doesnt just go buy one...

Allison and i used this very knife to skin her first rabbit a couple months ago!

Saltmarsh said:
Heres my 'Ol Faithfull, she has been with me since 1991. Seen and been through a lot together.
2011-10-04203745-1.jpg

Who makes that? It looks like a camillus?

Back