• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Old .22s

Buck Rio

Copper BB
My interest in Mossbergs is mostly about the older .22s. My dad gave me my first rifle for Christmas in 1952. It is a Mossberg 142A. It was the perfect rifle for a youngster. I think it sold for $23.50 in 1952, according to the Gun Digest. Not cheap but much less than a Winchester Model 52. Including my first, I have collected 14 of these early guns. Each is a different model. I only buy those that are in excellent condition with original accessories, though I have a couple of carbines that need the original type wed sling. Every one of my Mossys are excellent shooters and exceptionally well made. Considering what I have paid for each of them, they are a bargain. When I attend gun shows and visit gun shops, I see about ten of the old .22s that are really beat-up or missing parts for every one that is just right. That accounts for why I only have 14 after about 30 years of collecting.

I'm hoping to learn more about the early .22s here. BTW I do have the Mossberg collectors book.

Welcome to the forum from Florida.
Sounds like you have a great Mossberg collection. Love to see some pics.

Welcome. I have had too many Mossberg 22s come and go. I sold some I wish I had kept because we were moving and I ran out of storage space. We currently have a 44US, a 46B, and a 146B. They are all good shooters.

Our 46B. It is still a shooter.

26010497398_d464d08da1_o.jpg
26010498488_ca73542c84_o.jpg

Back