• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Older 835 turkey sights

BobinIL

Copper BB
I came across an older Mossberg 835 turkey gun in realtree hardwoods 20/20 with a 24" vent rib barrel. Somebody has removed all the sights from the rib leaving 5 empty holes one at about 1/2" from the muzzle another about 3" from the muzzle a third around 9" and two more at 17 1/2" and about 18" from the muzzle. Are these for securing the rifle sights or were these drilled and tapped by Bubba? I called Mossberg and they told me that all the sights they use are clamped on the rib and that the holed are not done by Mossberg. Did Mossberg use sights that were attached by screws at one time?? also if these holes are factory threaded does anyone happen to know the size and thread pitch so I can get some plugs for all these holes.

Sorry Bob...Gonna hafta leave that tech question to the guys that know.

Hang tight...they'll stop in later.

The first 2 holes are for the front sight. The 3 rd in the middle is for the rear sight. It looked like a u shape. Plastic on mine....

I don't have a pic of my 835 on my phone....so that's the pic i found that shows what i was i was referring to...

I'd call Mossberg first, (800) 363-3555.

Called in a while back for a replacement 835 sight set for an out of country member and they gave me a set free of charge.

You can also email our CS contact...

Joseph Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Even if you do have to pay for them it shouldn't cost too much...

It's almost like the ones on mine. I should dig it out of the safe. I got nuttin to do....and till summer to do it. Lol

I have a new factory set just like in the pic that Ripjack13 posted, I had to buy the whole set because I lost the set screw. If ya need them let me know. I gave $17 shipped from the factory because I couldn't find a set screw at Fas-n-all LOL!

Back