• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

OR3GUN Recoil System Maintenance Video

OR3GUN

Sponsor
Sponsor
Once we had tackled the 930's gas system, we decided it was time to give the recoil system an overhaul. This led us to introduce the OR3GUN Competition Spring Plunger (CSP) for the 930/935 platform.

Checking the condition of your 930's recoil system is spelled out in your Mossberg 930/935 owner's manual, but if a picture is worth 1,000 words, perhaps a video is worth 1,000 pictures. (Actually, our video is 4:34 long, so it's equal to roughly 8,000 pictures.)

Realizing that there is a delicate balance between load weight and reliable cycling, the factory 930 is designed to run loads as heavy as magnum buckshot and turkey loads. If the competitor is willing to give up some of the heaviest end of the load spectrum, ground can be gained in the lighter end.

The unique tail of our CSP captures and guides the spring in addition to producing an effective spring rate reduction that helps lighter loads run more reliably. Most importantly, it gives you an excuse to explore the recoil system and take care of any issues while you are in there.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

We are still limited to the US for now. The further we go in the process, the longer the process looks. Anyone with any pull with Brownell's would be a good person to know. The ITAR determination appears closer to resolved, but the import/export licensing for individual countries is turning out to be more complicated than we have anyone equipped to handle. It may simply not be worth doing for the quantities of parts we currently handle.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Big thanks for posting this stuff up. I de-burred by stock stuff last night before ever firing the first round. If it has issues, I know where to come though.

I'd say this is one of the better mods for a 930. This and the competition spacer tube are pretty much a must for any competition 930. This one part fixes what seems to be the cause of 1/2 the issues I see with the 930's.

Back