• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Padded Leather Sling by Hunter

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
This is a nice leather sling made by Hunter. It features a thumb loop, thick padding and a quick adjusting system.
IMG_0623.jpg

Pad and thumb loop. The thumb loop is a real nice feature for long hikes using American carry.
IMG_0621.jpg

Quick adjust.
IMG_0622.jpg

I've seen these!!! I like the quick adjust on them, and the thumb loop is great as you mentioned! Its what I dislike most about regular or traditional slings and American carry with the gun feeling like its constantly sliding off my shoulder...

Yeah, especially with smooth leather or nylon. This one has suede on the back side of the pad so it offers good traction although it has smoothed a little over time carrying it. I get the same sensation with African carry too. Most of my long guns are balanced better for American though, butt heavy, so that’s the way they get carried. If I need to go hands free they go across my back but still muzzle up…lots of miles on foot with a long gun and never a problem so I stick with it, more comfortable for me.

I like my single point sling, but it isnt great for long hikes.

I like single point too but only on lighter guns. Unless I am hunting I always go hands free so for 90% of my woods hiking I want to be hands free and you just can’t do that with a single point. I just don’t like that you always have to control it unless you are all but motionless, a cool thing for taking over or defending a building or small area though.

Back