• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

paracord slings

pappasmurf

.270 WIN
Wondering if there is enough interest (or any) for handmade paracors slings. I have done these in the past and made them for myh friends and my own rifles. I still have some of the cord left but not the sling swivels. If there is any interest I could make somebody some and go from there. I charge 40 bucks for a cobra knot sling or 50 for the king cobra knot. Plus you pay shipping which id the 5.99 flatrate box unless you order more than one and we'll talk.

once i get my POS 715t back from mossberg again, i will be making my own paracord sling. that is after i sell it and get a smith and wesson.

Old mossy,
The first picture is of a double wrapped sling in od green and floiage. The second pic is of a single wrap od and black.

Attachments

• IMG_20121125_220725-1.jpg
    IMG_20121125_220725-1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,232
  • IMG_20121127_230712-1.jpg
    IMG_20121127_230712-1.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,232
first, the slings look good, mine will be coyote brown and black.

pappasmurf said:
I guess you don't like the 715? Lol

i have had it for 4 months now, it is at mossberg for the 2nd time. so far it has been out of my possession for a total of 5 weeks. first contact was with mossberg 4 days after i purchased it. it was basically a single shot as it would not feed. i waited 3 week for a hipping label, fed exed it the next day and 3 weeks later got it back(a week for shipping each way and a week for them to work on it). took it ti my private range the day after i got it back, and had a lot of fail to ejects. work prevented me from calling during their hours so i had to rely on email. i emailed them on a monday, got a reply the following saturday, saying send it in. i replied, asking for something saying they expected the firearm back. after 3 weeks with no confirmation, i just shipped it back. they got it last friday(the day after thanksgiving) so i called friday to check on the progress. it was just submitted into their system and should be getting looked at "sometime in the next 2 weeks". needless to say i am not happy with the service or the quality control.

at least with the extra magazines i have, i should be able to break even on the gun...i hope

i had purchased the paracord for the sling while i was waiting for delivery of it from my LGS. i have been waiting for a fully functional firearm to put it on. i have a feeling i will be waiting until i get a smith...

SpeedyQuad, I know you aren't happy with your firearm or OFMs crappy CS, but pappasmurfs thread to gauge interest in slings ain't the venue for your rant.

Rossignol said:
SpeedyQuad, I know you aren't happy with your firearm or OFMs crappy CS, but pappasmurfs thread to gauge interest in slings ain't the venue for your rant.

he asked, i explained..simple as that...

I may be interested. I have tried to make my own, however I get confused, side tracked, or my skin starts to peel away from my bones haha.

I have looked at a few by a guy named "Knotty Dan" on Facebook and InstaGram but he charges like $75 and $80 for the same thing :O OUCH! I saw someone else here at MO that made one that opened up to like a 6 strand wide pad for your should so isn't all Cobra or King Cobra. Have you done that before?

Speedy,
Damn dude. I know the feeling though. I had a GSG-5 and had the same thing (fte) but luckily the owner of my LGSis my good friend so he sent that one in and just gave me another to replace it.
If you have any problems with the sling just give me a holler and I'll help in any way I can.

Ross,
Its okay, I did ask. Plus its a free bump for me. Lol

Rico,
I understand what you mean. I've actually gotten blood on a customers sling from doing it so long. My hands were numb and already had blisters. I didn't notice it till I was almost done too, pissd me off. Lol.
I have not done the open 6 strings but pretty sure I could try or figure it out. The cord I use takes 550lbs of pressure to break a 1ft section. I wrap the innerards 4 times around the sling swivels and then use about 50ft of paracord for the wrapping of a single wrap sling. Around 100ft for a double.
I am more than sure your sling won't break. If it does under normal circumstances I will make you a new one on my dime! I have made plenty of slings (probably over 300) for friends and their families and have never had one come back yet. Even have a guy using one on his .50 cal BMG
And I would NEVER charge anybody that much for a sling. The swivels themselves cost around 10 bucks.

Roger on all of that! :p I have the same type of Paracord. It is some nice stuff! Used it to drag a deer out the other night :D

If you do end up making some, post up some pictures!

Ricmo,
As per request sir. This is a 39" black and tan for a friends buddy's AR-15.

Attachments

• IMG_20121205_044556-1.jpg
    IMG_20121205_044556-1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,134
I'm actually low on all supplies. I have enough od green and black to do a couple but need to get the swivels. If you are willing to paypal and wait for colors to get to me, then I can do whatever colors you want.

Back