• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Pheasant Hunt Mossberg Style

LTB45

.30-06
Rest in Peace
Supporter
My wife knows how much I love Pheasant hunting, so this year for my birthday she got me the best present, a hunt and she came with me!!

It was her first Pheasant hunt and she had a great time as did I. We got 11 birds and now have more pheasant in the freezer than I have ever had.....YUM!!!

It may not show up to good in the pic but I am wearing my Mossbergowners Hat and my 500 "Bubba" was the star of the day (Besides my wife that is ;) )

1451617_10201423874773070_588149015_n.jpg

This is my wife with her first Pheasant.....PRICELESS
935988_10201423743529789_1899897737_n.jpg

Awesome LTB!! I'm quite jealous!

I used to see pheasants all over around here but now I can't remember the last time I've seen a wild one. The property I deer hunt on is close to a pheasant farm and I have seen a few escapees but none of the native ring necks.

Maybe I need to book a day at the farm to satisfy my craving. LOL

FYI - I noticed the hat before I read your post. ;-D

I would absolutely say book a day and go have some fun!
It was also a good bit of exercise since we did more than 5 miles of hiking/hunting.

One of the roosters flushed straight up over my head like a station 8 skeet shot. The only one close enough to feel the thud on the ground when they hit...I love that!

Congratulations on your freezer getting filled. Your wife looks very happy with her first bird. I'm glad you had such a good time. That sure is a great present.

Congratulations to you both.

Since the State reintroduced a bunch of coyotes here, our pheasant and grouse numbers are dwindling badly.

I used to see grouse very regularly on my families property on pine mountain, and used to enjoy hunting them there on occasion too, but I haven't seen a single one up there in probably 8 or 10 years. :(

Matter of fact, I probably haven't seen more than 2 anywhere I have been in the whole county in probably that timeframe.

coyotes stink. And those idiots who thought it was a good idea to reintroduce them here are even stinkier.

John A. said:
coyotes stink. And those idiots who thought it was a good idea to reintroduce them here are even stinkier.

I recall from our past discussions regarding bears that your game board is out of its mind but reintroducing coyotes?!?!?!?!? Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?!?

Unfortunately no. They claim that they just migrated back in here, but I dont' really believe that. And the population is through the roof.

They decided that it would be better to control game animal populations "naturally" and let predators kill them all year round, rather than extend a hunting season for a couple of weeks. [rolleyes]

I have also heard talk they're considering reintroducing wolves too since the Elk population is doing so well. [banghead]

http://www.eparks.org/pdf/Redwolf-USFWS.pdf

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=t ... lf&qscrl=1

Congrats LBT45 to you and the MRS. looks like you both had a great birthday hunt. :D

Back