• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Playing with a new gun

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
One of my sons got a pistol this week, that I knew nothing about until he told me he ordered one. I think he said he got it from buds and he even said he had it the next day.

It's a Tisas turkish import by SDS from Knoxville, Tn. Specifically the Zigana PX9 Gen 3 duty model which came with a proper 1/2-28" threaded barrel and suppressor height sights too.

I'll be honest with you guys. It's a very well made gun.

I was very impressed with how it looked. Felt. And the quality of the gun. So, he grabbed a couple of boxes of shells and he plowed through them in quick order. No failures of any kid. We didn't have an allen wrench with us to loosen up the rear sight so we could drift it over a little because it is going to need to be zero'd, but he's wanting to go back shooting it next weekend anyway, so we can dial it in better then.

It comes with a lot of extra parts and accessories that usually add a bunch to the base price. Like a trijicon red dot sight base came with the gun. Extra fiber optic rods if you want to swap them out to different colors. I was really impressed, especially for the price that he paid ($260 shipped).

It comes with interchangable grip panels and back strap. Has a larger removable funnel at the base of the grip to help insert the mags quicker.

It uses glock 17 sights.

Sig P226 magazines.

I don't even own one of these and am really liking it.

px9 gen 3.JPG

My dot's BF and I went to the range few weeks ago. He got himself a new Canik TP9sc OTC from Academy. CWL so he was able to walk out with it (ie: no wait). Think he paid around $400. Came with 13rd and 15rd mags. About the size of a G19. Optics-ready with taller co-witness sights. Glow-in-the-dark dot on the front. Color was this Patriot Brown which was almost like olive drab but it looked good (not the color in the stock photo shown). Made in Turkey. Shot good, feels good in the hand, no failures at all aside from him limp-wristing a couple times and shooting down to the left (flinch), both of which I helped him learn to overcome by the end of the day (after razzing him, of course
biggrin.gif
). I gave him a box of Sierra 124gr JHPs as a gun-warming present. Mags are Mec-Gar.

hg5610t-n_canik_elite_sc_right_1_1.jpg

Back