• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Plinkster random FULL AUTO, jamming

DLedbetter

Copper BB
Got my daughter a 702 plinkster for Christmas. Thank God I went out Christmas eve to zero the scope before I turned her loose with it. At random times, and sometimes the whole clip will be dumped full automatic. Jamming galore, using Federal, CCI, and Remington ammo. Tried to zero but couldn't get less than a six inch shot group using two different scopes and three different types of ammo at 25 YARDS! I contacted Mossberg for the SECOND time today, the first time was the first business day after christmas. On the first contact all my info was taken down and the lady assured me that when the gun was returned and checked out Mossberg would take good care of me. Today when I called no one remembers me or my info and no shipping label had been sent. I own several Mossberg shotguns but I tell ya, I'm ready to throw my hands up on this one. Count the shots in the video. Double fire and the last trigger pull yielded a triple fire. Sorry it takes me so long to load the clip, my health in not well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA83kSirQ_Q[/youtube]

I would not shoot it until you find a resolution. You don't want to be at the receiving end of a NFA violation (i.e. you knew it would shoot FA but continued to use it).

From the threads I've been seeing there does seem to be a bit of a problem with customer service at Mossberg. I wish there was something I could to to expedite things.

MikeD said:
I would not shoot it until you find a resolution. You don't want to be at the receiving end of a NFA violation (i.e. you knew it would shoot FA but continued to use it).

From the threads I've been seeing there does seem to be a bit of a problem with customer service at Mossberg. I wish there was something I could to to expedite things.

Don't worry about that Mike. I have many, many rifles and just gave my daughter the Marlin 60 seen in the video. I don't know what Mossberg plans to do but I really don't won't that weapon back at all. Won't never trust it with my child.

I can't blame you for not wanting your child to have this gun now.

But you really need to get it to mossberg so they can do something with it.

As has been said already, knowingly having a gun that will shoot more than 1 time per trigger pull (even if on a malfunctioning gun) is still owning and being in possession of an unregistered machinegun and people have been prosecuted for such.

John A. said:
I can't blame you for not wanting your child to have this gun now.

But you really need to get it to mossberg so they can do something with it.

As has been said already, knowingly having a gun that will shoot more than 1 time per trigger pull (even if on a malfunctioning gun) is still owning and being in possession of an unregistered machinegun and people have been prosecuted for such.

Yep, reason for my post. ;)

Did you give it a good and complete cleaning before shooting? The dry preservative they use for overseas shipping will foul up the action 100% of the time if it wasn't stripped before use. M
ine works 100%.

I was giving a 702 and ran about 300 rounds out of it with no problems what's so ever. Today I broke the gun down, pins and springs, cleaned poor mess up put it to the polish wheel whole nine. First pull emptied the clip.
I've noticed a pattern here, it's seems to always be a clean 702 that's shooting full auto. Perhaps it's a loose tolerance and poor machining to blame here. I'm fixing to contact Mossberg.... With great angst

Back