• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Police tear gassing media during riot

They're brining in the State troopers to take charge.

It is ludicrous to burn your own city. It's crazy to scream you want justice, while breaking the law.

Unfortunately, there's people in both sides making this worse.

Sweet dreams. Everybody is looking for something. Somewhat prophetic? Or realistic?

I'm catching up on this... wow police went overboard last night and suppressed the media with force. No bueno.

This is from The Blaze. I don't know if it's accurate. It would make sense to claim they were helping the film crew whether they were or not:
In a statement on Thursday, the St. Charles County Sheriff’s Department said SWAT Team officers were actually “assisting the media in moving their camera equipment and media personnel to a safer area with their consent so that they could continue to cover the event.” The news crew was caught in tear gas and had to leave their position.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-team-dismantling-al-jazeera-crews-equipment/

Also, the film crew was from Al Jazeera...I'm no fan of them.

The feds sell the leftover military vehicles to the local municipalities and then warn them about using them:
Attorney General Eric Holder on Thursday said his department has warned Missouri police officials against the deployment of military equipment as part of its effort to quell riots taking place there, and said the use of this equipment sends the wrong message.
“At a time when we must seek to rebuild trust between law enforcement and the local community, I am deeply concerned that the deployment of military equipment and vehicles sends a conflicting message,” Holder said Thursday. “At my direction, department officials have conveyed these concerns to local authorities.”

Last edited:
i'm really shaking my head at that dumb remark by Holder....If you don't want them to use them, then don't sell them.

cant see it from my house. Freedom of press???? really ?......once factual news and accurate pass of important information turned into reporting drama, dirty laundry, misinformation , political brain wash, wide spread fear mongering and lies, it quit being the press and turned into a blatent abuse of the First Amendment that they hide behind.....sorry but its a dream of mine to lob CS at the media

This is from The Blaze. I don't know if it's accurate. It would make sense to claim they were helping the film crew whether they were or not:
In a statement on Thursday, the St. Charles County Sheriff’s Department said SWAT Team officers were actually “assisting the media in moving their camera equipment and media personnel to a safer area with their consent so that they could continue to cover the event.” The news crew was caught in tear gas and had to leave their position.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-team-dismantling-al-jazeera-crews-equipment/

Also, the film crew was from Al Jazeera...I'm no fan of them.

The feds sell the leftover military vehicles to the local municipalities and then warn them about using them:
Attorney General Eric Holder on Thursday said his department has warned Missouri police officials against the deployment of military equipment as part of its effort to quell riots taking place there, and said the use of this equipment sends the wrong message.
“At a time when we must seek to rebuild trust between law enforcement and the local community, I am deeply concerned that the deployment of military equipment and vehicles sends a conflicting message,” Holder said Thursday. “At my direction, department officials have conveyed these concerns to local authorities.”

It sure didn't look to me like they police were "helping" with the equipment, it looked like they were knocking it down.

I'm not a fan of Al Jezeera as well but they should be afforded the same rights as any other journalist.

More pieces to the puzzle. The picture is changing...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html

Name of officer revealed - 6 years on force, clean record. BROWN apparently committed a strong-arm robbery minutes before being confronted by Ferguson officer given that call with description AND location of Brown as suspect!

This from a lawyer for his friend:

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) - The friend who was with Michael Brown when he was shot and killed by a police officer near St. Louis over the weekend is reportedly confirming that he and Brown had taken part in the theft of cigars from a convenience store that day.
That word comes from the attorney for Dorian Johnson, speaking to MSNBC. Police in Ferguson had earlier announced that Brown was suspected of taking cigars from the convenience store in what was described as a "strong-arm robbery."
Brown's family is accusing police of trying to draw attention away from the shooting.

Brown-Robbery.jpg

It sounds more like the family is trying to draw attention away from the fact that their kid was a thief and had a reason to resist arrest...he didn't want to go to jail.

Last edited:
This from a lawyer for his friend:

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) - The friend who was with Michael Brown when he was shot and killed by a police officer near St. Louis over the weekend is reportedly confirming that he and Brown had taken part in the theft of cigars from a convenience store that day.
That word comes from the attorney for Dorian Johnson, speaking to MSNBC. Police in Ferguson had earlier announced that Brown was suspected of taking cigars from the convenience store in what was described as a "strong-arm robbery."
Brown's family is accusing police of trying to draw attention away from the shooting.

Brown-Robbery.jpg

It sounds more like the family is trying to draw attention away form the fact that their kid was a thief and had a reason to resist arrest...he didn't want to go to jail.

And of course this is resulting in the New Black Panthers, Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, and others getting pissed off all over again. Looks like the State Police may have their hands full tonite.

I really don't mean to be insensitive about this, but I just realized something. 6'4", 290 lbs. And the 18 yr old kid died right where he stood? Where were those shots placed and what caliber was he using? Take care. Tom Worthington

I really don't mean to be insensitive about this, but I just realized something. 6'4", 290 lbs. And the 18 yr old kid died right where he stood? Where were those shots placed and what caliber was he using? Take care. Tom Worthington

I'd wait for the final report to be issued.

The authorities in Ferguson seem to be their own worst enemy with releasing information. After releasing the video yesterday showing him robbing a store shortly before he was shot they announced later that the officer that shot him didn't even know he was wanted for that robbery.

That final report can't come out quickly enough. Regardless of what it includes I'm pretty sure the officer will be charged with something, much like George Zimmerman was after the Trayvon Martin publicity.

Looks like the State Police idea of handling this isn't working out too well.

"You saw people sitting in the street and they had the chance to get up," he said. "And that's how it's going to continue."

The latest developments comes after looters were met with little police resistance Friday night and store owners say they were forced to protect their businesses with their own guns, Fox2Now.com reported.

A reporter from the station tweeted that police cars were seen driving past some of the stores being looted and did not respond. Protesters could be seen outside until 6 a.m.

Two store owners, standing outside their business holding guns, told Fox2Now.com that when they called 911, they were sent from one police agency to another, and got no response.

"There's no police," one of the owners said. "We trusted the police to keep it peaceful; they didn't do their job."

Former St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch tweeted: "You did not see "police restraint" overnight. You saw police reluctant to act. We cannot keep stoning the keepers at the gate."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/16/gov-nixon-declares-emergency-imposes-curfew-in-ferguson/

The governor has issued a state of emergency and a midnight curfew. What do you think will happen tonight, around midnight? They all go home at midnight? The looting starts up again and some storekeeper finally shoots somebody? Take care. Tom Worthington

The governor has issued a state of emergency and a midnight curfew. What do you think will happen tonight, around midnight? They all go home at midnight? The looting starts up again and some storekeeper finally shoots somebody? Take care. Tom Worthington

Don't know. I reckon we'll find out in the morning.

Well, it's morning. 1 shot (apparently not by police), 7 arrested, more looting, one store set on fire.

You mean they didn't go home at midnight like they were 'sposed to?

Gee willikers.

It seems a lot of out of towners are causing most of the violence…. you'd figure the locals would tune them up… guess not.

Back