• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Police tear gassing media during riot

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
http://rt.com/usa/180208-ferguson-journalists-detained-protest/
The photos are pretty self explanatory, and damning.

More surfacing now as well

Bu-lkolCAAIwyN0.jpeg

Yeah, this is not going well.....

Looks like they are turning on the media....good. see how they like being "attacked" for no good reason....but the PD will likely say it was accidental and they are looking into it.

No fly zone in effect.

Also in the photo below, check out the officer in the center pointing his gun at a car as it makes a turn. Since no other officer is pointing at the car, makes me believe the car was doing nothing to cause alarm to them, but Officer zero is on a severe power trip.

That alone would piss me off to no end.

ap153771871245.jpg

Those cops are in panic mode and it stinks what some of them are doing to citizens.

They need good, professional help.

And that photo of the one cop pointing a rifle at a driver...

I think that is a non-lethal CS/tear gas paintball munition device not a rifle. See the officers are wearing gas masks. If you have never worn one, trust me, they aren't wearing them because they think it might come in handy. Somebody is delivering tear gas munitions and it looks like maybe the guy in the middle.

Nobody in this horrible mess is doing the right thing and cops vs journalists caught on camera is particularly troublesome from a "no-win" standpoint as far as public opinion.

TearGas.jpg

Looks like a paint ball gun. Not good either way.

"The governor of Missouri will reportedly relieve St. Louis County law enforcement from policing the ongoing demonstrations in the town of Ferguson, paving the way for possible state or federal intervention."

Also, the NAACP has turned to the U.N. in Geneva requesting help:
"The group of activists presented to a U.N. panel in Geneva, Switzerland, documenting their concerns of U.S. compliance with the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (CERD) treaty."

The United Nations.... ??? Puh-Leeeeze.

If the po-lice would be pulled back entirely, and IF city officials told all residents to take temporarily care of themselves and their neighbors for a couple days, and there was no antagonistic presence between the po-po and the protesters (they are bringing in outside cops, and the revelers are bringing in outside thugs) then this whole thing would start to defuse and there would eventually be a process to begin healing the rift. As long as there are borrowed cops in riot gear playing with their seldom-used toys, and angry citizens who are willing to go to the forefront, this will never have a civilized outcome.

You might ask, WHY pull back the police and tell residents to hunker down....

Remember the LA riots where Korean business owners made it very clear that nobody was going the phuckh with them or their stores or their families living in the neighborhood??? The looters and thugs and mobs just went away and a localized peace was accomplished with very little (if any) direct help from the Po-Lice.

Last edited:
Having an unarmed man shot is no reason to tear down your own neighborhood.

No good will come of any of this.

Having an unarmed man shot is no reason to tear down your own neighborhood.

No good will come of any of this.
I think the shooting was just the spark igniting a bigger issue. Lot's of people upset with life right now for various reasons and it does not take much for mob mentality to take over.

I think Nitesite may be on the right path, continuing to bring in more force to try and control people who are pretty much protesting about excessive force is just going to add more to the fire, creating a situation where both sides are fueling the flames. Not saying they should let the crowd burn the city but they need to be smart about it

I think the shooting was just the spark igniting a bigger issue. Lot's of people upset with life right now for various reasons and it does not take much for mob mentality to take over.

I think Nitesite may be on the right path, continuing to bring in more force to try and control people who are pretty much protesting about excessive force is just going to add more to the fire, creating a situation where both sides are fueling the flames. Not saying they should let the crowd burn the city but they need to be smart about it
Well maybe its me but I don't understand being pissed and then start trashing a store down the block from where I live.

Seems cowardly honestly.

Honestly, some people just look for an excuse to do something like this.

I was there in cali when the riots hit. Normal people turned crazy. It was just an excuse for a lot of them to do stupid stuff and get away with stealing in broad daylight.

Obama armchair quarterbacking from Martha's Vineyard:

Obama said there was "no excuse for police to use excessive force against peaceful protests or to throw protesters in jail for lawfully exercising their First Amendment rights" and also criticized police for arresting two journalists covering the racially-charged clashes.

"Put simply, we all need to hold ourselves to a high standard, particularly those of us in positions of authority," Obama said in his first in-person remarks on the racially-charged situation in Ferguson, Missouri. He spoke from Martha's Vineyard, the Massachusetts island where he is in the midst of a two-week vacation. http://politics.suntimes.com/articl...lent-turn-events-ferguson/thu-08142014-1125am

Apparently rioting, throwing molotove cocktails, and looting is now a "peaceful protest". o_Oo_O

They're brining in the State troopers to take charge.

It is ludicrous to burn your own city. It's crazy to scream you want justice, while breaking the law.

Unfortunately, there's people in both sides making this worse.

Back