• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

POLL = Redesigned Mossberg in the 21st Century

Is today's Mossberg lineup overall better, or worse, than ten years ago?

• Yes, more available options mean more potential sales and revenue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the weirdness is at best a passing fad and is counter to respectability

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Maybe, there is room for new and old thinking to both co-exist

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I would rather see Quality Control and Customer Service be at the forefront

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MidwayUSA had factory 590 magazine springs advertised and since I was already placing an order anyway I thought I would buy a couple for six bucks each.

Since there are different capacity 590s I thought I'd contact Mossberg with the OEM p/n listed on the Midway site and ask if the springs in question were for an 8+1, or a shorter version. Phone calls didn't work, I couldn't find the replacement parts pages on their web site to check the p/n, "Contact Us" links were tried to no avail. Wasted almost 30-minutes not counting waiting for call-backs.

Grrrrrrr

I went to Wolf Gunsprings and (in about 35-seconds) found that THEY HAVE what I want FOR THE DIFFERENT capacity tubes I have on my guns . It was fast and easy.

John A. said:
I'm going to be entirely honest and blunt.

I own 1 (ONE) mossberg shotgun.

I have had less than stellar customer service interactions with them and do not feel at this time that I will buy anything else from them.

I've had some trouble with the gun, and I've had some trouble with their customer service reps concerning that, so for me personally, that's a lose, lose situation for mossberg.

I can handle a plastic part breaking (tab on the back of the trigger). I understand that.

You use something enough, and something's going to break.

But when I tell someone the specific part I need replaced, don't tell me to ship the whole gun.

I didn't even expect them to pay for the part, or the shipping either way.

But don't bend me over and take me for a ride about it either.

Sending the trigger pack to them in a $6 priority mailer is a far cry from paying $40 to ship a gun both ways for a $5 part.

Use a little common sense and courtesy.
I'm new here,but I thought I might share a similar experience. In 1990 I went looking for a 6"Colt Python. After several months of looking I found a 6" Stainless....Not exactly what I wanted, but better than waiting. Now here is where the story gets really sad. I didn't even get 20 shots off and the gun went completely out of time. Shooting just lite target loads and this fine piece of American Craftsmanship that came close to $1000 American, is a paperweight. So I drop it at the local authorized Colt warranty center and eight months later I'm trying to finish off the rest of the box, when the rubber wanna be Pachmayr Grips come off in my hand and the gun nearly goes to the concrete floor. Back to the warranty center and five months later I finally got to finish the box. Now I know that Colt had some really rough times, and things might have been a little out of hand back there, but the first year I owned the gun it was in somebody else's hands. Needless to say Customer Service should always be #1

The worst I ever had was a Lakefield Mossberg the rest of the best were Mossbergs before and after Lakefield! Does anyone remember those sad times?

Back